1.    #1  
    I picked up a Mac (technically not for me, but you know ), so I'm going to be able to work on the Mac port of the 650 ROM tool much more easily. If you are interested in beta testing when I get to that phase, please mail me (use the email link in my profile) and I'll add you to the list.

Let me know:
    - Your Mac type (PPC/Intel, etc.)
    - Your experience level with MacOS

I'll need some time to figure out how to create application bundles and dmg files, but I might be able to get a test version up soon.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/317...ure2ui1.th.png
    NOTE: You'll need the Java 1.5 runtime from Apple:
    http://developer.apple.com/java/download/
    Last edited by mmastrac; 09/02/2006 at 10:57 PM.
    Been waiting anxiously for this. I am a Mac Tech, but I am still a little skittish. Please remind me/us about the safeguards against bricking a Treo with your tools... Thank You for all you've done, dude.
    Last edited by MilMascaras; 09/03/2006 at 03:46 AM. Reason: fixed juxtaposition typo..
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked : AT&T/Cingular
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilMascaras View Post
    Been waiting anxiously for this. I am a Mac Tech, but I am still a little skittish. Please remind me/us about the safeguards against bricking a Treo with your tools... Thank You for all you've done, dude.
    Since the ROM tool uses the bootloader to update your ROM and never overwrites the bootloader, you can't brick the phone because you can always get back to the bootloader.

That being said, all ROM customization activity is always done at the user's own risk.
    Yay!

Can this tool also change the RomUpdaterApp so we can setup a smaller ROM partition size, ala :
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107666

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Very cool!

Count me in for your beta test
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Yay!

Can this tool also change the RomUpdaterApp so we can setup a smaller ROM partition size, ala :
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107666

Thanks,
    Tom
    Since there's a big risk of bricking your phone (like there is with the Palm updater) when you change partition sizes, I won't be supporting this operation. It's too risky - I'd rather let palm take the blame when people end up with doorstops.
    Last edited by mmastrac; 09/05/2006 at 02:00 PM.
    cool. I'm down too.
    Any updates on beta availability?

I would find this really useful as its such a pain to fire up Windows if I want to modify the ROM for any reason.

Best regards,
    Tom
    I am looking forward to this too!

Let me know:
    - Your Mac type (PPC/Intel, etc.) -> PPC 7450
    - Your experience level with MacOS -> I'd say savvy.
    Hi there,

I'm new in this forum, bought me the Treo 650 some weeks ago, had a Palm Vx before - bought furthermore a 4GB Card (- partitioned it in two parts, because of the FAT16-driver), since I would like to install wikipedia, TomTom and for instance some mp3-files. I read a lot about Custom Roms here and elsewhere and now do have just the same problem like all the other Mac-Users, that like to customize their Treo Rom ...
    I would appreciate it as well very much, if you could do this port of the Rom Tool -

Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac View Post
    Let me know:
    - Your Mac type (PPC/Intel, etc.)
    - Your experience level with MacOS
    - PowerBook G4 15'' 1,33 GHz PPC 7447A (MacTracker (=application) is the best database for information on all Macs ever built)
    - concerning MacOs: I did a lot of hard and softwareinstallation, managed the network in diffrent offices (manly MacOs 9) do have (very) little experience with unix and the shell, but never had something to do with software-architecture (though I am an architect ), programming, scripting and so on ...

I could offer help on researching things for you (or anything else that could help) or for example could help translating parts of the GUI to German - Furthermore I do have experiences with Photoshop and some vector-orientated apps ...

Just let me know.

Best regards,

Hubertus
    Last edited by hubertusbe; 10/04/2006 at 08:41 AM.
    Has the testing started? Just wondering if I simply wasn't chosen or this app is just on the backburner?
    bump
    Hi hello, mmastrac: I hope you are not disappointed in case few people responded to your much awaited Mac ROM tool. ( I hope many did, anyways...) I suspect many Mac users are just doing a "wait and see" attitude, and may not want to beta test for whatever fears they may have... I really do appreciate that you are doing a Java port of a ROM tool. When you do release, I would really like to try. As a tech, I have access to G4, G5 and MacIntel, both Core Duo and Core 2 Duo. I maintain hundreds of 10.3.9 - 10.4.8 equipped Macs, with all the correct latest updates, and have expert level status in testing and maintaining and troubleshooting Macs, if you so please. Thank you for taking on this project.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked : AT&T/Cingular
    It's been a couple of months - I doubt this is going to happen :-(

Thanks,
    Peter
    @ mmastrac: hmmm, maybe you could be so kind and give us an idea if you're still working on this tool and if so, in which state of development you are. - Is there any kind of help we could bring in?

Thanks in advance - Hubertus
    Hi,
    The program sounds exciting
    Count me in for beta
    Any updates?
    Bharat
    dude! where are you