Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a email program the works with cox.net? Some receive but I would like to send too.
    Chatter doesnt per their tech support.
    Tried versamail and no luck.
    thanx in advance
    (Verizon 700P)
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    It's not possible for ANY application to send via Cox; they just don't allow access to their SMTP server outside of their cable network. So what you need isn't another email application, but another SMTP server option. Most people use their wireless provider's SMTP server, but there are third party servers you could use as well (at a cost)... everyone.net, fastmail.fm, and fusemail.com come to mind.

Marc
    Marc is right. I use Cox and have spoken to their tech support and that is exactly what they told me. Unless you are inside their network you can't use the SMTP server. I have used gmail for my smtp for quite awhile now and it works just fine.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    john can you pm me to further describe your setup
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I ran into this problem as well. I use Cox for business and home. Receiving is no problem but to send I have to do the old side step by using my Sprint acct. If one wanted to look they will see on their e-mail that it was sent from me@sprintpcs.com on behalf of me@cox.net.
  6. Nok
    Maybe i'm missing something in your post, but I'm able to connect, receive and send with Versamail thru my Cox.net account. My pop and smtp settings are set to:
    pop.central.cox.net
    smtp.central.cox.net
    Are you sending to people OUTSIDE of Cox's network?

Marc
  8. Nok
    Nope, just been inside. See what you're saying now ...just tried sending to a yahoo and got the relay error. Never realized that or tried sending outside on the treo. That sucks!
    Cox will nor allow you to use their server for out going unless you're on their network. Futhermore, I could never get Versamail to work using the outgoing Sprint server & incoing Cox server. So I went to SnapperMail- using Sprint for outing. & Cox for incoming..
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover