1.    #1  
    On Wednesday I get my new 700P. I am a newbie to Treo but longtime Palm user. I currently have a T/X. I have 2 separated questions here:

1. Most important: How do I do what I think is called a 'clean install' for my Treo but transfer over my calendar and memos from my T/X to my Treo. (I'm in sales and I have a LOT of this stuff.) I want to keep my palm 'name' because I have bought licenses from various software manufactures (e.g. datebk5.)

2. Is there a way to keep them both synced ...I could see myself using my 700P for phone and email (push email being the reason I'm getting it) and using my 700P for games (I'm a bejeweled addict ... espec. on the subway and in Doctor offices ...places I'm in a lot these days) and other odds and ends.

I know these topics might have been covered but I did a search for 'clean install' and couldn't find what I needed so I'm starting with a clean install of a post.

Thanks in advance. Now if I could just decide between the JX10 and the MotoH700 headset!!!!!! eek.

bean
    I wrote a guide here
    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.ph...er_Models_Treo

It's my method there are different ways to do it.

Not sure about keeping the two address book in sync.
    Last edited by whatever7; 09/02/2006 at 04:51 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I wrote a guide here
    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.ph...er_Models_Treo

It's my method there are different ways to do it.

Not sure about keeping the two address book in sync.
    thanks. does it matter that i'm not changing treo to newer treo but t/x t treo?
    Well the folder location should be the same. Of course you don't have the call log database file in your TX folder.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Well the folder location should be the same. Of course you don't have the call log database file in your TX folder.
    what do i do about the fact that i now have a dif. name to hotsync to? won't that affect my already purchased licences for programs i use?
    bejeweled; bubblet; datebk5 (i'll upgrade to datebk6); daynotez; holidates2; amd scrabble.