Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hello, and thanks for reading. I'm a new 700p user. (I just traded up/over from a 650).

I HATE the default location for the VoiceMail Favorite. I'm much more likely to want to go to the Contacts than check my VoiceMail, but the default highlighed location for action after going to the phone application is VoiceMail. (The 650 had it set up correctly, with Contacts in the default position.)

The If I DELETE the favorite, and re-create it at a different location, the favorite works just fine (It won't accept a "1" shortcut, just the "e", but that's ok.) The PROBLEM is that if you miss or ignore a call, and the phone gives you the tip window indicating "New Voice Mail", and gives you the option to "Ignore" or "Listen" - if you hit Listen, the phone will dial into VoiceMail - but it WON'T dial the "More" digits (passcodes). So, there you lose the handsfree method of checking voice mail.

Is there a solution that anyone has found.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

JCFox
    Kyo6035=>Kyo7135=>Treo600=>Treo650=>Treo700=>????
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Well, no one had thoughts on this - it's really a problem related to learning how to use the new Treo.

For the future reference of past users of the 600 or 650, what I did to help the transition was:

1) Disabled the on-screen keyboard. (Put a nice picture of Hawaii on the front.)
    2) Removed the Favorites from showing - so, I always have to hit down on the middle button.
    3) Enabled the feature that pulls names form "contacts" when you start to dial. (You need to hit "Option" in order to dial normally.)
    4) Restored the original Voice-Mail in position 1 favorite.

oh...and purchased LudusP - to make the buttons work like a 650, settings:

Check: All-in-one phone button (option: Phone)
    Check: Make menu shift
    Check: Space Toggles speaker in call
    Send=Home
    Power/End=Menu
    Phone=N\A
    Calendar= :None
    Mail = Chatter
    Home = Power/End

I'm starting to like this 700p.....now, if someone could speed it up, and get rid of the white delay screens.....

JCFox
    Kyo6035=>Kyo7135=>Treo600=>Treo650=>Treo700=>????
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Go into Edit Favorites Pages, then you can drag and drop using the stylus. Arrange all of them however you like.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!!

That is exactly what I was looking for. It's so intuitive, and easy, and elegant!

Worked PERFECTLY.

Thanks again!

JC
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Got that hot one from this board a while back...that's why I like Treo Central. Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thanks. I also noticed you posted elsewhere about putting numbers in the Favorites Button rather than the letter, using the keyboard shortcut. At that time, it would not allow the favorite button to dial - so the tip did not actually work.

I just tried the trick on my new 700p and it works just great. I guess they've updated the OS. (I posted on that thread too, for the benefit of future readers.)