Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bluefish Wireless will shortly be launching a new application called GetSportz. www.GetSportz.com.

GetSportz is focussed on delivering sports content including news and live casts of baseball, NFL, basketball and hockey. You can watch baseball live in a graphical form similar to the AOL and Yahoo web based offerings. The content is intended to be comprehensive. It is supplied by the same news and data services used by Yahoo and AOL. Content is supplied for all the major US and college sports including baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, auto racing and tennis. The content includes the full text to over 100 news stories updated every 30 minutes, leaderboards, standings and schedules.

GetSportz is a free application. Because the content feeds are expensive we plan to fund the application via advertising and the sale of applications.

If you are into sports please download and install the application onto your Treo from the GetSportz website. Alternatively you can use your Treo browser to install the application by pointing to www.getsportz.com.

I am particularly interested in feedback related to what content we should have or how we could better organize the content.

There are no known bugs in the beta version of the application although there are some missing features that will be added over the coming weeks. The full application including all content is less than 500k. Updates can be downloaded wirelessly or by desktop hot sync (requires a Palm Treo 700p, or you can install Palm's MyTreo application from www.palm.com/addit)

Please email me directly with any comments you might have. All will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

James Fisher
    Bluefish Wireless
    james@bluefishwireless.com
    Downloaded.

Couple comments:

the NL West and Central standings are switched (west teams listed in central and vice versa)

Once you're "watching" a game live it's not obvious how to exit (home button on keyboard)

once you return to the scoreboard the home button (at the bottom of the screen) no longer works

more later but looks neat
    Last edited by scottymomo; 09/02/2006 at 08:49 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I think it looks like a very promising program.

However I was never able to get the 'Live' button to do anything.
    Also, the should be an easier way to refresh...such as menu-R.
    Now the refresh takes me back to the homepage, rather than displaying the page I was looking at.

Jeff
    Pretty cool. The link that the "Settings" button leads to does not work. Also, there is mention of this program updating during Hotsync on a 700p. The MyTreo app is preloaded on all 700p's. How does the Hotsync updating work? What about the ability to schedule wireless syncing (or even scheduled by time intervals, like hourly, etc)?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just realized that nothing is updating when I hit the 'update now' button...
    It just kicks back to the homepage.

Jeff
    this could turn into my most used app just downloaded it and working great. do not know how live will work does it give updates on reg basis or is it like on tv or radio can't wait for 1 pm to try it
    Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
    I just realized that nothing is updating when I hit the 'update now' button...
    It just kicks back to the homepage.

Jeff
    The Live Baseball and scores link started working for me after I clicked the update link on the "Home" page, which downloaded a bunch of stuff.

Couple other comments:
    A signal indicator might be nice on the pages to check your signal strength.
    A way to schedule when "general" updates occur, rather than having to do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    this could turn into my most used app just downloaded it and working great. do not know how live will work does it give updates on reg basis or is it like on tv or radio can't wait for 1 pm to try it
    Fred
    On the scores page it looks like it's supposed to refresh every 30 seconds.

When you click the "Live" link for a game, then you go into the "Gamecast"-type app which shows you a baseball diamond with pitch count etc, which I assume updates in semi-real time just like ESPN gamecast on your PC.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    The Live Baseball and scores link started working for me after I clicked the update link on the "Home" page, which downloaded a bunch of stuff.

Couple other comments:
    A signal indicator might be nice on the pages to check your signal strength.
    A way to schedule when "general" updates occur, rather than having to do it manually.
    I have installed and reinstalled 3 times now.
    Each time, I have started by clicking on the "update" link on the home page.
    It appears to be downloading via additSync.

However, I have yet to see a score update, or to see the time change on the scores page, or to have the "Live" link do anything.

Jeff
    cannot get live work hope they fix it can be great for sports lovers
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the encouraging comments.

The live baseball gamecast updates every 30 seconds. This should be working fine for everyone. If it is not working for you please email me so we can try to troubleshoot the issue. You launch this part of the application by tapping the 'Live' link within the baseball games scoreboard.

The news and leaderboard content currently updates every 60 minutes. The baseball scoreboard updates every 1 minute but our server is fixed on a 60 minute update cycle. This will be fixed in the next few days. Once the app updates it will be up to 60 minutes before it will update again at present.

If you tap the update link you should see AdditSync launch. If there is no new content it currently kicks back to the home page. Again this will be fixed shortly to take you back to your current page.

There are still a number of features like the teams news and NFL pickem game that will be switched on in the coming weeks.

If you want to implement updating via hot sync and you have a Treo 650, download and install the Addit Treo Edition application from www.palm.com/addit. This will get everything working correctly. You should not need to do this if you have a Treo 700p and have installed the Palm desktop. Again please email me if you are having difficulties. The Live gamecast requires a wireless connection and will not wor via hot sync.

James Fisher
    Bluefish Wireless
    james@bluefishwireless.com
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    cannot get live work hope they fix it can be great for sports lovers
    I think there may be an issue with the installer not installing one of the components on some peoples Treo's. If the 'Live' link is not launching to the baseball livecast application please try downloading the prc directly from
    www.bluefishwireless.com/GetSportz_MLB_PB.prc

Hot sync this file to your Treo and hopefully the issue will be fixed.

James
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jf2000 View Post
    I think there may be an issue with the installer not installing one of the components on some peoples Treo's. If the 'Live' link is not launching to the baseball livecast application please try downloading the prc directly from
    www.bluefishwireless.com/GetSportz_MLB_PB.prc

Hot sync this file to your Treo and hopefully the issue will be fixed.

James

I reinstalled again and this time synced the GetSportz_MLB_PB.prc as well.
    I installed, tapped on update on the home page and then went to MLB scores.
    Still nothing when I tap on the "Live" link.

By the way; I am using a Treo 700P -- Sprint.
    I wonder if there is any correlation to those having problems and the carrier.

Also, I wasn't sure from your last post...
    Will the scores on the MLB Scores page eventually update every minute?
    Will there be a refresh button or command?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Neat app. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and can now see if Tiger will win his 5th in a row. That plus keeping track of the baseball scores makes this a must app for me. I love it so far! Live seems to work for me so far...
    jf2000, cool app!

1. Will you try and implement the ability to schedule updates?
    2. I've checked with Mark Space about an Addit conduit for us Mac users. Any word on this?
    3. The 'settings' link currently leads nowhere.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    jf2000, cool app!

1. Will you try and implement the ability to schedule updates?
    2. I've checked with Mark Space about an Addit conduit for us Mac users. Any word on this?
    3. The 'settings' link currently leads nowhere.
    Hi and thanks!

We will be shortly implementing an auto update wirelessly feature that will grab the latest content at user set times. We will also be building an auto refresh into some of the pages like the baseball scoreboard so that scores refresh every 60 seconds. In this beta the content will only refresh every 60 minutes.

There is a bug on the Sprint Treo700p which is preventing it from launching the Baseball Livecast section of GetSportz. Should have this fixed in a day or two. If anyone is having this problem on other versions of the treo please email me, james@bluefishwireless.com

Settings is disabled at the moment as I wanted the beta to focus on finished areas of the application. I am targetting a full launch inside three weeks that will have everything implemented including the NFL pickem game.

I can't give you any news on the MAC desktop conduit at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to say something in the near future
    James, I just wanted to say great job on this app so far. For sports junkies this is just wonderful!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    If this thing works half as good as it looks i want to know where have you been all this time this was needed llloooonnngg time ago i just need a live game to play with and its really free. looks sweet for sure
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    couple of minor bugs but this is seems like espn game cast for the treo WOW!!!

live game mode could use a bigger font or a bold font and a "back" button
    and the home button doesnt allways work same with the refresh button but these minor beta bugs aside it seems like a SWEET app for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by jf2000 View Post

We will be shortly implementing an auto update wirelessly feature that will grab the latest content at user set times.
    Thanks for your responsiveness, James. About this auto update feature, do you think you could globalize it to include the Reuters News portion of the "My Treo" Addit app that came with the 700p? This would be especially convenient for Mac users like me that don't have the Addit conduit for any automated updating--but I think beneficial to all users for this type of app.

I'm not holding my breath for Palm/Sprint to implement this themselves anytime soon in Addit and I was thinking since it uses the same conduit you could try to include this option...what do you think? It would be cool.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast