Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #81  
    will the new version have sd card support cause the files get huge on this app
  2. #82  
    bump
  3. #83  
    just ran an update on getsportz and it looks totally different now. anyone know what all has been updated?
  4.    #84  
    The new version of GetSportz is now posted in time for the playoffs. If you hit the update link on the GetSportz homepage it should update all the content. The UI has been completely reworked. Hopefully everyone will like the new look.

    James Fisher
    Bluefish Wireless

    You can download the installer from www.getsportz.com
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by jf2000 View Post
    The new version of GetSportz is now posted in time for the playoffs. If you hit the update link on the GetSportz homepage it should update all the content. The UI has been completely reworked. Hopefully everyone will like the new look.

    James Fisher
    Bluefish Wireless

    You can download the installer from www.getsportz.com
    Is that all it is? A new look?

    What about football fans?

    We've been told since last year that Getsportz would eventually have live football updates like the baseball games. Does this update include such features? Or have y'all had to abandon that?

    Also, how do we fully get Getsportz uninstalled? I downloaded it again recently to see if football features had been updated, and uninstalled when they hadn't. Yet every time I sync it comes back. People have asked this before and I have never seen a solution...

    I really want to like the app, and it is well done, but for me at least, until the football sections are more feature full, I know I'd just never use it.
  6. #86  
    "I really want to like the app, and it is well done, but for me at least, until the football sections are more feature full, I know I'd just never use it."

    I feel the same way.
  7. #87  
    I never really use the live stuff, so no big deal breaker for me. I do like the new UI. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday (or the day before) when the new UI popped up after an update...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins


    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  8. #88  
    Can someone let me know how to remove the app?

    Thanks.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenbricks View Post
    Can someone let me know how to remove the app?

    Thanks.
    Here's what I just did, YMMV.
    • Go to C:\Program Files\palmOne\'username'\Addit and delete any Getsportz files.

    • Delete Getsportz from your Treo

    • On your Treo, use FileZ, Explorer, etc and look in RAM(0) for any Addit files - you should see a bunch. In my case I had two files, ADD052SData and ADD052VData. I compared that to a backup I did prior to installing Getsportz and noticed I only had ADD052SData, which also had an earlier date, so I deleted the other file (ADD052VData).

    When I HotSynced again, Getsportz did not come back but Addit still ran, which is how it worked pre-Getsportz.
  10. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #90  
    Hey, so what, I'm late to the party. I just loaded the app. At first blush, I'm very pleased. Cant wait to expore the fuctionality. This has been a big hole in my Treo apps since I got rid of Handmark Express. Only this could be much better.

    Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  11. #91  
    I'd like the ability to customize the first screen - i.e. remove buttons for sports I don't need updated, and perhaps some front screen information for my favorite teams, perhaps 1-2 teams per sport? It'd just be nice to have ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

    Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

  12. #92  
    I have had nothing but problems with Hotsync'ing since I installed the free version of GetSportz over the network using the MyPalm Software app that is preinstalled on our Treo's. I cannot remove GetSportz it as it keeps coming back and causing HotSync'ing to terminate when I try to sync. I have tried everything. Any assistance would be most appreciated as emails found in various threads on this board to <james@bluefishwireless.com> and to <support@getsportz.com> have gone unanswered.

    Thx in advance for any assistance!
  13. martinp13's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Here's what I just did, YMMV.
    • Go to C:\Program Files\palmOne\'username'\Addit and delete any Getsportz files.

    • Delete Getsportz from your Treo

    • On your Treo, use FileZ, Explorer, etc and look in RAM(0) for any Addit files - you should see a bunch. In my case I had two files, ADD052SData and ADD052VData. I compared that to a backup I did prior to installing Getsportz and noticed I only had ADD052SData, which also had an earlier date, so I deleted the other file (ADD052VData).

    When I HotSynced again, Getsportz did not come back but Addit still ran, which is how it worked pre-Getsportz.
    My mileage varied. I did what you what you listed and it still came back.

    James, how do we get rid of this?
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware View Post
    I have had nothing but problems with Hotsync'ing since I installed the free version of GetSportz over the network using the MyPalm Software app that is preinstalled on our Treo's. I cannot remove GetSportz it as it keeps coming back and causing HotSync'ing to terminate when I try to sync. I have tried everything. Any assistance would be most appreciated as emails found in various threads on this board to <james@bluefishwireless.com> and to <support@getsportz.com> have gone unanswered.

    Thx in advance for any assistance!
    Everyone....James just got back to me and said that this issue has now been fixed...here is his note:

    Hi John,

    I apologize about this issue. We have now corrected the problem. If you do a hot sync it will install a patch that will then allow you to delete GetSportz without it coming back. We had missed deleting a critical file that is used in the addit conduit for updating. When you deleted GetSportz this file remained which basically told the conduit to update all the files again.

    Regards,

    James
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware View Post
    Everyone....James just got back to me and said that this issue has now been fixed...here is his note:

    Hi John,

    I apologize about this issue. We have now corrected the problem. If you do a hot sync it will install a patch that will then allow you to delete GetSportz without it coming back. We had missed deleting a critical file that is used in the addit conduit for updating. When you deleted GetSportz this file remained which basically told the conduit to update all the files again.

    Regards,

    James
    Did not work. Still came back. VERY disappointed by this.

    EDIT: Deleted the app again (using standard Palm OS deleting methods), hotsynced again and the app appears to finally have been removed. Whew! Thanks to SofTTware for his efforts in getting this resolved!
    Last edited by jhintonh; 02/22/2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: New developments
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions