Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Really excellent - looking forward to being able to put in my favorite NFL and NCAA teams for quicker access...thanks for a great app.
    Charliec
    Nice application - Thanks.

I really like being able to get an auto-updated play-by-play graphic view of a live White Sox game!

Here are a few initial Beta thoughts/comments:
    The user interface seems a bit awkward to me in general. I hope you can improve on that over time.

It’s not really clear when I need to click an “update” link and when the content is automatically pushed to the Treo. Maybe that’s because I haven’t used the AddIt functionality before?

When I drill into a major sports section (e.g. Baseball MLB), the navigation gets to be a lot of moves if you are using the 5-way nav. It takes 7 clicks up to get to the “Live Baseball and Scores” link. Since the user interface is similar to a browser, could you use the numeric keys to navigate the page (like the mobile.treobits.com web site does). Some sort of one-key commands would be nice

I assume that the button on the bottom right (to the right of the home button) is a “refresh” button, but when I press it nothing happens.

Thanks again, I’ll keep testing.
    Great job!!!

I think the combination of this and OD:Sports makes for a great overall experience. Here's what I'd like (picking nits here in some cases because that's what beta testers do ) All in all, a great app

- Save scores (or download) for more than just today's games. I click on yesterday's date and I see only previews, no scores...
    -OD downloads a news story with each game. That's very nice.
    -Seems like the news articles are few and far between, and there's no option to go to older articles. But I LOVE live scoring!!! Yea!
    -I'm still looking for an app that keeps updated player stats for the entire season, and one that allows for fantasy tracking.
    -How about a "find on page" feature?
    -Update still hasn't updated college football scores.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Noticed in the live "gamecast" that if I turned off the screen at some point and then turned it back on, it didn't appear to consistently continue updating the game. I ended up having to exit the program entirely and come back to get it to refresh. Just want to make sure that when a user manually (or automatically based on timeout) turns off the screen, the auto-updates continue to occur.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Great App. Thanks for making it available. It will be used often.
    Legalbeagle
    I like what I see so far. Can't wait to see additional content.

I agree the navigation is a bit clumsy. Why use Menu+b and Menu+f to move back and forward? Wouldn't "b" and "f" as single buttons make better since?

The ads, when clicked did not produce anything. It asked about an app called "addItVault" which is apparently a little tough to obtain. Why woudn't the ads lead to a web page versus the "addItVault" app?

Need to be able to save data to the SD card instead of the RAM.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what becomes of this product.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Oh yeah, Looking forward to tracking my fantasy football players with this tool

Linkstart is helping with the RAM issue until fixed.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    On my verizon 700P I couldn't get the "live" button to work at all. Tried updating, removing, re-downloading, soft resetting, etc. After about 50 tries with the "live" button the sandbox from Uninstall Manager suddenly popped up on the screen and there were a couple of Get Sportz files sitting in there. As soon as I cleared them from the sandbox "live" worked. Don't know if the developer fixed something and the files came to my device during an update or what. All I can say is if you're having trouble and you use Uninstall Manager check your sandbox. I didn't even think the sandbox feature was working on the 700P.
    Server not available today to update teams - or is it just me? Thanks
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I just tried this and the interface look great! However, when I updated it caused my 700p to reset due to a FAtal Exception from Addit. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Yeah, I tried checking into some NCAA football games today, and it told me there were none scheduled! Only off by a few hundred... :-)

I just noticed while trying to check any sport, that the clock is way off. The current time is 9/9 2:12pm PDT, but the time in GetSportz reads 8/10 2:08am EST!

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Is this impcting anyone's 700's ability to see the card? I installed this, and card would come up missing, when not installed, no problem. Reinstalled today and - missing card - causing apps that look to the card for data (Chatter and opthers) to reset the phone. With no updates available and this issue, I think I will uninstall until all the bugs out...thks!!
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Is this impcting anyone's 700's ability to see the card?
    No card issues on my end.
    Looks like it will be a nice application but until college / NFL football stuff is added it won't get much usage by me... LOL

I do agree that it needs a little work on the navigation system... but after that is done and my football is added I will be using it a LOT!!!
    Nice app that I will probably use if/when the bugs get worked out.

Here are a couple of notes:

1) I went into the "live" section on MLB on Monday PM when there were no AL games on. I clicked on one of the "live" links for a game and subsequently hit the home key to get out of that screen. The app returned to the screen that has the live game schedule but there was no apparent way to get back to the GetSportz navigation page. I hit the home icon a number of times but the app stayed on that screen. The only way I found to get back to the main screen was to go to my main Palm screen and reenter GetSportz.

2) The NFL content was not up to date.
    I agree about the football features being essential.

And if possible, I'd like to have some sort of functionality where you can set up an account in order to receive SMS/email updates for scores, etc.

I've tried Yahoo's alerts, and those aren't very timely. I haven't found a decent service yet that will send messages with score changes.
    Yep. Accomplish this stuff and you got a winner in my eyes:

1) Smooth out navigation
    2) Enable storage of data and updates on expansion cards
    3) Allow SMS/email notification of updates
    4) GET FOOTBALL INFO IN THERE!

And I am sold. heck, if I only got #2 and #4 I'd be sold, though the others would be helpful too.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    I've tried Yahoo's alerts, and those aren't very timely. I haven't found a decent service yet that will send messages with score changes.
    I've given up on trying to get timely alerts on college football. Now I just check the scores on ESPN using my Treo. Here's the link I use:

http://www.proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/wir...resIndex?dvc=0

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Yeah, I've got the same one bookmarked, and it definitely works...but I'd love something that sent me a SMS or email when someone scored. Better yet, I'd love to find a live audio stream that ptunes can use.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to access the program, it resets my treo.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast