1.    #1  
    Just got a replacement 700P from Verizon. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell if it is a refurb vs a new phone? It came without a battery and charger. Arrived in a small box, in a plastic bag, with the screen covered in a protective plastic sheet.
    Sounds like a refurb, thats how the refurb 650s were shipped. Anytime I received a new replacement phone it was in the retail box with accessories.
    DJ
  3.    #3  
    That's what I was afraid of. I have been having a number of problems with the 700P resetting, bluetooth issues, and lock ups. They sent me this one to see if it resolves the issues, but my guess is that secondary software that I have installed is causing the issues. Can't be sure though.

Not sure whether or not I want to swap out my phone for the refurb. May just send it back and get another phone.

I was wondering though if there was any definitive way by looking at settings in the phone to determine if it has been refurbished. I couldn't find anything, but I could be missing something.
    if you dial ##786#, doesn't the second page of the screen that results tell you the recondition status of the 700p? Just wondering

Or is that something that only applies to a sprint phone, maybe Verizon uses a different number?
    Last edited by kamizuno; 09/01/2006 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add info
    garinballbarin
  5.    #5  
    Think you got something here kamizuno! Verizon's codes usually are #*#, so I tried #*#786 and came it worked. Reconditioned status = no, Reconditioned by is blank, Reconditioned date is blank, and activation date is blank. If this information is reliable, then the phone isn't a refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by kamizuno View Post
    if you dial ##786#, doesn't the second page of the screen that results tell you the recondition status of the 700p? Just wondering

Or is that something that only applies to a sprint phone, maybe Verizon uses a different number?
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    Think you got something here kamizuno! Verizon's codes usually are #*#, so I tried #*#786 and came it worked. Reconditioned status = no, Reconditioned by is blank, Reconditioned date is blank, and activation date is blank. If this information is reliable, then the phone isn't a refurb.
    But it didn't come in a retail box. I just got an insurance replacement 700p and it came in the retail box with the charger, earpiece and CD's/manuals.

I was told by Assurion that this was a new phone.

b.b.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Mine was replaced by assurion for vzw and it came in a retail box, w/ all the accessories...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  8.    #8  
    As I wrote earlier, only thing that I received was the treo. Didn't have a battery or any of the other accessories. Phone did not indicate it was a refurb. I have insurance on the phone, but it was replaced through Palm not the insurance carrier. There are no blemishes or marks on the phone, and it was built a month later than my first 700P.

I was plagued by random resets, endless loop resets, bluetooth issues, inability to infrared between devices, and random lockups. So far so good with the replacement unit.