1.    #1  
    I going to be picking up a 700 p or w soon. I want the P but I here only the W has WiFi, Verizon tells me dont worry the W's WiFi isn't that great anyways. Should I bother with deciding over the WiFi thing, or just go with the P anyways?

Thanks
    There is no wifi on 700w. You can use a wifi card on 700w but not 700p. wifi SD card sold separatedly.
    It depends. If you live or are usually around EVDO areas then I don't see a reason why you would want to use WiFi. EVDO is freaking fast so there you go...!

Al
    Yeah, EVDO, if you're covered, more or less negates the need for WiFi. I'm even using my Treo to tether where there's EVDO, instead of using the WiFi. Makes no sense to pay for use of a hotspot when I'm already paying for net access on my Treo that's plenty fast.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  5.    #5  
    Oh ok I see now...1 more thing is the service (speed) with Sprint vs. Verizon the same...or does it depend on my area. I live in SW FL and want to know which broadband is faster.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ut oh.here comes the war.......
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMaf View Post
    Oh ok I see now...1 more thing is the service (speed) with Sprint vs. Verizon the same...or does it depend on my area. I live in SW FL and want to know which broadband is faster.
    Speed can vary with both providers, even due to how the Treo is oriented or held at any moment.

The simple (non-scientific) test would be to go to 1 each Verizon and Sprint stores, as physically close together and as close to where you think you'll use your Treo the most and try speed tests on othewise identical Treo 700p's and identical speed test sites.

If your real question is with which service might you get the best average speed and coverage, well, Sprint at least has the hype of fastest speed and greatest coverage (at this point in time). Whichever service you choose, coverage can only get better. One might argue that since EVDO is inherently shared service, then, actual speed will depend greatly upon the number of simultaneous users accessing any given tower. Verizon may have more customers than Sprint in certain areas, so Sprint might provide a better choice there too.

Note that both organizations have announced EVDO Rev. A roll-outs, which may provide some improvement, especially in uplink speed.

Realistically, you'll probably find other reasons to base your choice, such as plan features and costs, especially if you plan to use phone-as-a-modem service.