Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. jagooch
    jagooch's Avatar
       #1  
    Starting yesterday, everytime I attempt to start Snappmail, it starts loading the database and prc files, and then I get the message ( paraphrased a bit )
    "Database: Out of memory. Delete old data or uneeded applications. (Dm 0201).

    I do not recieve this message with any other application ( SAG, Chatopu, Agendus, etc work fine ), only with Snapper mail. I have about 700MB free on my SD card from which Snapper is running from, and my Treo has about 7.7MB free at the time I start Snapper.

    The really bad thing is that I am at work trying to check personal email as they block access to email outside of the company, and have very nasty penalties if you find a way around their blocks to access it. In addition, I cannot synchronize my PDA with my work computer in any way, shape, or form, so I will need to fix this without an external computer.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. I am thinking that I can delete my saved email and at least be able to get new email afterwards. To do that I would need to know which file to delete.

    John Gooch ( aka Fortezza )
  2. #2  
    Chatter was giving me the same error, appeared to be related to my backup program not allowing some memory to free after running.

    See thread here, which has links to other threads, including the meminfo thread. Basically, I found a program "lookatme" that allows me to autorun another program, mreset, each day to free up memory.

    --Steve
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  3. #3  
    Actually I suspect you were simply out of dbcache, and a soft reset would fix that.

    Although, since updating to to the 1.20/1.71 FW I haven't had a problem with dbcache, if you're downlevel from this you might consider updating. I know I put it off forever and wished I hadn't now. I haven't reset in 4 days, and I was starting to have to do it twice a day or else I ran into similar out of memory things (dbcache was full/fragmented).
  4. jagooch
    jagooch's Avatar
       #4  
    I am not sure about the dbcache. I software and hardware reset my Treo several times and it did not effect the issue.

    What I finally did ( that I did not want to do ) was to delete the mail content and listings pdb files and that "fixed" the issue. It may be that Snappermail can only manage X amount of messages, and then it wigs out.

    I will check out the "lookatme" application as it sounds interesting.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post

    Although, since updating to to the 1.20/1.71 FW I haven't had a problem with dbcache, if you're downlevel from this you might consider updating.
    Is this for a 650? I have a 700P, no FW update as yet. Don't think OP listed which device he has...

    Yes, I was referring to dbCache issues apparantly caused by BUMan affecting Chatter "low memory" warning" in my case.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  6. #6  
    If it's on a 700p watch out for MemoryInfo, it resets or sometimes worse...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jagooch View Post
    Starting yesterday, everytime I attempt to start Snappmail, it starts loading the database and prc files, and then I get the message ( paraphrased a bit )
    "Database: Out of memory. Delete old data or uneeded applications. (Dm 0201).

    I do not recieve this message with any other application ( SAG, Chatopu, Agendus, etc work fine ), only with Snapper mail. I have about 700MB free on my SD card from which Snapper is running from, and my Treo has about 7.7MB free at the time I start Snapper.

    The really bad thing is that I am at work trying to check personal email as they block access to email outside of the company, and have very nasty penalties if you find a way around their blocks to access it. In addition, I cannot synchronize my PDA with my work computer in any way, shape, or form, so I will need to fix this without an external computer.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. I am thinking that I can delete my saved email and at least be able to get new email afterwards. To do that I would need to know which file to delete.

    John Gooch ( aka Fortezza )
    When I get this using Snappermail, I just Empty the Trash and it works fine after that.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Is this for a 650? I have a 700P, no FW update as yet. Don't think OP listed which device he has...

    Yes, I was referring to dbCache issues apparantly caused by BUMan affecting Chatter "low memory" warning" in my case.
    He didn't list it, no, I should have mentioned that. The 1.20/1.71FW update is of course just for the 650, no idea what the latest FW for the 700 is.

    dbCache is apparently an issue on the 650 and 700.. Although interesting, because I have absolutely no dbCache problems now on my 650.
  9. jagooch
    jagooch's Avatar
       #9  
    Hmm, I think I will just have to buy the next iteration of Palm ( OS ) Treo's to get enough mem to do things.

Posting Permissions