1.    #1  
    I have dropped my Treo 650 several times (imagine that... haha) - and now, the stylus doesn't seem to grip inside the phone anymore. This means if the phone is turned sideways or upside down, the stylus falls out about 50% of the time. Now, I need to get a new case, because the case I have for it has worn down the little holes that allow you to fix it in various positions around the belt clip, and the phone ends up in wierd positions over a period of time, including upside down...

Anyway, I'm rambling....

Does anyone know how to make the phone itself grip the stylus a little better?
    Yeah, I've had that loose stylus issue too. I took a small piece of clear tape and ran it around the middle of my stylus. You shouldn't need to use a lot of tape.
    No need for tape.
    Just bend the stylus ever so slightly.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    i put a couple of piece of tape inside the phone in the grove where the stylus slides against , so it could create friction and boom problem solved
    This topic is wiki-worthy.

I, like every new Treo owner, faced this problem. I might have even posted a question about it. I have since seen the question renewed several times.

It's hard to fault a new user for asking. The wiki would be a good repository for this low-tech solution.

I use the tape solution.
    I should clarify my 'tape solution' statement.

I put the tape on the inside of the battery cover where the stylus goes. Less space for the stylus = friction = no fallie outie. You don't need much tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    No need for tape.
    Just bend the stylus ever so slightly.
    Wow, I was using the tape solution, and my tape came off, so I switched to this. At first, I bent too much, but then I bent back, and it works great! what a tip!
    Had the same problem....actually got Cingular to replace the phone! Duh...what an ***** I was....wound up keeping the original phone with the slighty bent stylus cause I knew where MY phone had been!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    Had the same problem....actually got Cingular to replace the phone! Duh...what an ***** I was....wound up keeping the original phone with the slighty bent stylus cause I knew where MY phone had been!

Sounds like a good way to get a new phone, tho... why would you want the old one? (unless they were sending you a refurb)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I should clarify my 'tape solution' statement.

I put the tape on the inside of the battery cover where the stylus goes. Less space for the stylus = friction = no fallie outie. You don't need much tape.
    I agree that it's wiki-worthy. Somebody who's actually eligible for the contest should put it up.

I also use the same tape-solution. Putting it on the groove on the battery cover is much easier than trying to fit it in the groove on the phone. Added friction to hold the stylus AND the battery cover on == goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkeii View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get a new phone, tho... why would you want the old one? (unless they were sending you a refurb)
    Cause I am a bit OCD....mine was in mint condition and the one they sent me had a crappy speaker!
    Also check to make sure that screws in that area are tight as well.