Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. john_s's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
       #1  
    I seem to have a problem in that my bluetooth Scala 500 headset volume is low, even if I jack the volume up on the headset and the Treo.

    Is this a known issue and how does one resolve it?

    thanks
  2. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes it's a known issue. It can only be solved by spending a ridiculous amount of money on different BT headsets until you find one that works. The good news is I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gieko.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    I seem to have a problem in that my bluetooth Scala 500 headset volume is low, even if I jack the volume up on the headset and the Treo.

    Is this a known issue and how does one resolve it?

    thanks
    Go to the Bluetooth forum and you will find tons of threads about this issue.

    I also saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gieco.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  4. #4  
    Try headset...sell on eBay
    Try another....sell on eBay
    Try another....sell on eBay, give up and used wired headset or get a hearing aid

    Seriously though....the ones with gel earpieces where you can shut out the external noises....from what I've read....seem to work best because they can make the most of the volume you've got.
  5. #5  
    I use an HBH300 (kind of old but hey) and a Jabra ear gel (blue one for me) and I have to turn the volume down. Without the ear gel I can't hear squat.
    Last edited by leardvr; 09/01/2006 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  6. #6  
    Go out and buy volume care which you can buy and download fm Treocentral or mytreo.net. I use a Jabra 350 and I found the software which is relatively inexpensive to be very helpful.

    I didn't switch to Geico
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg View Post
    Go out and buy volume care which you can buy and download fm Treocentral or mytreo.net. I use a Jabra 350 and I found the software which is relatively inexpensive to be very helpful.

    I didn't switch to Geico
    I didn't think Volume Care increases the volume on bluetooth. Thought it was only on wired headsets. Does it work for bluetooth now?

    Geico is more than State Farm.
  8. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I didn't think Volume Care increases the volume on bluetooth. Thought it was only on wired headsets. Does it work for bluetooth now?

    Geico is more than State Farm.
    Correct. Volume Care still only works with wired headsets.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  9. #9  
    But the same company has a program called BTMute that has helped some people with BT volume problems. It has a free trial period, maybe try that...
  10. john_s's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub View Post
    But the same company has a program called BTMute that has helped some people with BT volume problems. It has a free trial period, maybe try that...
    Thanks everyone. I heard that btmute doesn't work on GSM phones... Or at least doesn't help!

    I'm getting an eargel thou, which should help.

    Thanks for recommending the eargel!

Posting Permissions