1.    #1  
    I used missingsync to sync address book and my 700P today, only to find it screwed up all of the email addresses in the palm by placing them in a phone field labeled 'other'! Now when i try to send an email to any of my 600+ contancts, none of the email addresses show up because they aren't labeled as such...

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    You may want to try overwriting, or refreshing, the data on your Treo by telling the "Mark/Space Contacts" conduit to "Overwrite handheld with desktop data."

Usually when I have syncing issues with contacts, re-writing the handheld data from my desktop does the trick.

Hope this helps!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    You may want to try overwriting, or refreshing, the data on your Treo by telling the "Mark/Space Contacts" conduit to "Overwrite handheld with desktop data."

Usually when I have syncing issues with contacts, re-writing the handheld data from my desktop does the trick.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks - tried that several times... Seems that address book doesn't have an 'email' specific record type - how does this work for everyone else, or is everyone else just ignoring it?
    If you edit the contact on the Treo and set it to email, it will show up in AddressBook as "E-mail". Or you can edit the contact in AddressBook and for the field pick Custom, then type in "E-mail" (no quotes). It will then show up in the Treo contacts as email fields. At least that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drogers View Post
    Thanks - tried that several times... Seems that address book doesn't have an 'email' specific record type - how does this work for everyone else, or is everyone else just ignoring it?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It would appear that this is a bug in 5.1.1. I was syncing fine with 5.1, but suddenly with 5.1.1, e-mail addresses are inexplicably moving into phone fields on the Palm labeled "Other" even though they remain in the Email field in Address Book. When I place the email address in its proper field on the Palm, the same thing happens -- it moves back to the first available "Other" field.

Any ideas anyone? (Other than erasing over the Palm, which may or may not work and will most assuredly delete my Custom field info.)

-Jake

Quote Originally Posted by drogers View Post
    I used missingsync to sync address book and my 700P today, only to find it screwed up all of the email addresses in the palm by placing them in a phone field labeled 'other'! Now when i try to send an email to any of my 600+ contancts, none of the email addresses show up because they aren't labeled as such...

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMeyer View Post
    It would appear that this is a bug in 5.1.1.
    I have the same behavior. I blamed it on Outlook (I hate Outlook )

It confused the heck out of me at first because I figured "my Mac will fix what Outlook broke" and set the conduit for the desktop to overwrite the handheld... and no change! I was so confused. Makes sense now.

Has anyone contacted MarkSpace support? Should we bombard them?

I want them to at least be aware of the issue!

Thanks,

~Mike
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    The solution I used is to go back to Missing Sync 5.1.0. Then you can either: a) change all the "other" email fields to "Email", allowing it to sync properly in the future, or b) overwrite handheld with desktop. Either way should work.

-Jake
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeMeyer View Post
    The solution I used is to go back to Missing Sync 5.1.0.
    I contacted MarkSpace tech support and they gave me a bunch of information on this. Apparently we must have missed part of the procedure that involves resetting the sync history.

I haven't done it yet because I sync my Treo with Oulook as well and the procedure would lose all the changes I have from there. So I'm going to try a few things and post my results. In the mean time, here is what MarkSpace told me to do:

You shouldn't need to downgrade. The fix has been included with the 5.1.1 update. What you need to do is get the data as you want it on the Mac in Address Book, and then reset the sync history. This should also resolve the issues with other errors found in your sync history.

Go to iCal and click on the 'File' menu and choose 'Back up database' then go back to 'File' and choose 'Revert to database back up'. Then do the same thing in Address Book, click on the 'File' menu and choose 'Back up Address Book' then go back to 'File' and choose 'Revert to Address Book back up'.

1) Launch iSync (iSync is not used for the sync, but iSync is where Apple handles Sync Services Preferences.)
    2) Click on the iSync menu
    3) Choose Preferences
    4) Click the 'Reset Sync History' button. Read and follow the onscreen directions.
    5) This may launch iCal. Also the status of the reset is showin in the iSync display. When the reset is complete quit both iSync and iCal.
    6) Restart you Mac

Then sync, when you do, you will get a dialog box with an orange iSync icon on it. Check the box to erase the device, then click the 'Allow' button. You will get one for events, one for tasks, and one for contacts. The next time you sync .mac or other devices that sync with iSync like an iPod, you will get these same dialog boxes for their databases and you should check the box and click 'Allow' in those cases as well.

This will cause you to lose Calendar, Event, and Tasks data on the handheld that hasn't already synced to the Mac, but it should be able to complete the syncs properly after this process.

--Dave

Mark/Space, Inc.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum