Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Seeing as VersaMail goes a wack every month or so and starts downloading old emails, thereby forcing me to make a new account, I have finally reached my limit of accounts. Is there a way to copy folders or transfer emails without just forwarding them? All my accounts have at least a few emails each I'd like to save. I'd think there'd be something on windows that would allow the mailboxes to be read and files transferred.

-Jeff
    That's the power of IMAP. Ben
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Yeah that's what I'm going to switch to now that my Sprint account supposedly has IMAP (although I'll believe it when I see it working). But it doesn't solve my current dilemma.
    Have you tried to limit the ammount that Versamail downloads?

For instance, Ive set it up (once I got current) to only download mail from the past day.

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Yeah I can do that but it causes other problems. I've tried other email programs too because there's really no excuse for shenanigans like this, but they fall short in other areas. Imagine if your desktop email only worked for a month like this?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    OK well I finally had time to set up IMAP and I think I had it running for all of 30 minutes before it felt the need to download 60 old emails that were still on my Treo. Now it's Trying to download 189 more fore some reason. Even at the worst the POP account went 5 days at the shortest. So what is that about 56,000% worse? So IMAP doesn't solve it either. And I still haven't found a way to archive old emails, so that's really going to turn into a problem now.
    We hate to suggest this, have you given another email client a thought? SnapperMail and ChatterEmail far exceed the abilities and performance of Versamail and ChatterEMail is far better supported than the others. IMAP is an excellent way to archive old emails - many of us use it extensively. Ben
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Well, as I said in an earlier post, I haven't found one that doesn't have other shortcomings that are less acceptable. I was already planning on trying chatter but I am gitting a little sick of having to by extra programs to do things that should work already. I never used to have this problem with palm. And I still would like to figure out how to read the versamail mailboxes in another program.