1.    #1  
    Hey there..

Just sold my Sprint Treo 650 and need to send it to the buyer. What's the best way/how do I completely clean the treo so that there's no trace of my info, etc on the device?

thanks!
    Do a search for Zero Out reset.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Click below for instructions from the Palm Support Knowledge Library:

All types of Treo resets
    I've done a video of what it looks like after it's done correctly. (Kinda hard to perform but the trick is to hold the stylus in your mouth and poke the reset hole in the back while you press and hold the hotsync (connect the hotsync cable to the Treo), power, and up buttons.

The link to the posting on this and other resets are here
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Someone within the last couple of days stated that when they did the zero-out reset that it still had their name shown. I will probably just run over mine when I get tired of it. Ben
    I guess the best resort is to do the zero out, then drain the battery completely. Without electricity, any data stored in RAM should be gone.

With a zero out reset, most data is gone. I have done a hard reset and it didn't clear everything out. Zero out did.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  7.    #7  
    Zero-ing out worked for me (it appears) - you'd think the phone just came out of the box.

When you say your "name" still shows up.. where do you mean?

I went into each program and checked to see if any of my dates, contacts, sms, settings, etc were still "around" but it was clear as a bell
    Just to remind everyone (especially the original poster) that a zero-out reset and a hard reset are two different things. While the hard reset will maintain certain files (requires simultaneous pressing of 2 keys), the zero-out resent (requires simultaneous pressing of 4 keys) should wipe out everything in the device.

For more info, see: http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650Resetting

Hope this helps.

Stalker768
    Last edited by Stalker768; 09/05/2006 at 02:16 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I definitely did the zero-ing out. It took several attempts to get everything pressed at one time correctly. (it's actually 4 things - three buttons and the reset)

Word to the wise: unless you have someone else helping you, you WILL need to put the stylus in your mouth...