Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I recently bought the Crystal case from Seido for my Treo 700p. Before this I have a skin on it which kept it mint. So I removed the skin and have been using the Crystal case for a week. First of all the tab near the antennae had trouble staying connected, I found this very annoying. doesn't say much for build quality. And most of all IT SCRATCHED THE SH*T OUT OF MY TREO!!!! The WHOLE @(*&(@*# bezel is all scratched because of this piece of (*@&$(*@

I AM PISSED!
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus View Post
    I recently bought the Crystal case from Seido for my Treo 700p. Before this I have a skin on it which kept it mint. So I removed the skin and have been using the Crystal case for a week. First of all the tab near the antennae had trouble staying connected, I found this very annoying. doesn't say much for build quality. And most of all IT SCRATCHED THE SH*T OUT OF MY TREO!!!! The WHOLE @(*&(@*# bezel is all scratched because of this piece of (*@&$(*@

I AM PISSED!
    I'm very sorry to hear you had that experience. This is the first feedback of this kind that we've received, as far as any damage being caused to your phone. It sounds like it may have been defective from the time you received it - as it should have stayed securely latched. Please email me and we will arrange for a refund.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    To Seidio's credit, they are always here to face the issues. Really sorry to hear about the scratches though...
    yeah sorry to hear that also, because i was using the crystal case a month before i recieved my skin for about a month without any problems, so i know that if you have a good one it will protect the treo like it's suppose to.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I too have been using the Seidio crystal case / holster combo since they released it. Overall I am happy about it and I have not had any issues with the crystal case scratching my 700p. My only complaint about the crystal case is the latch below the antenna. This latch seems to be the weak link in the case and mine is already worn out, so much so that I have to secure that latch with a piece of scotch tape.

I had purchased one of those rubberized plactic cases for my 650 (off an eBay vendor) and that case was fantastic, except for the molded belt clip connection on the back of the case. That case was held together by 4 round tabs that fit into 4 keyhole slots, 2 on each side of the case. This connection was firm, secure and flush, much nicer IMHO then the connection method Seidio uses on the crystal case. I only wish this case was made to fit the 700p better and of course not have the molded belt clip connector on the back.

I have read that Seidio is working on a revised version of the crystal case. I hope the shortcomings of the crystal case latches get corrected.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I, too, have had an issue with the Crystal case scratching - at the bottom of the flip up window where it meets the body of the Treo. Annoyed me a little at first. But, all in all I still like the case.

I spent around $100 for a case for my 650 - and that ended up scrathing it a bit as well.

I gave up a long time ago trying to keep my cell phones/Palms/Treos in perfect condition. I almost like it when I get my fist scratch so I don't have to obsess about it.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I too have been using the Seidio crystal case / holster combo since they released it. Overall I am happy about it and I have not had any issues with the crystal case scratching my 700p. My only complaint about the crystal case is the latch below the antenna. This latch seems to be the weak link in the case and mine is already worn out, so much so that I have to secure that latch with a piece of scotch tape.

I had purchased one of those rubberized plactic cases for my 650 (off an eBay vendor) and that case was fantastic, except for the molded belt clip connection on the back of the case. That case was held together by 4 round tabs that fit into 4 keyhole slots, 2 on each side of the case. This connection was firm, secure and flush, much nicer IMHO then the connection method Seidio uses on the crystal case. I only wish this case was made to fit the 700p better and of course not have the molded belt clip connector on the back.

I have read that Seidio is working on a revised version of the crystal case. I hope the shortcomings of the crystal case latches get corrected.
    As I said in another thread, I'm not sure when a revision may be out - BUT, since you are under warranty, you are entitled to another case now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    thats why i prefer the leather holsters, very hard to scratch your Treo in one of those, i also considered buying the crystal case, but read about the fit being kinda tight, so i passed.
    My crystal case put some scratches on the silver plastic on the right and left side of the screen. I took off the case to clean off the dust that collected under it yesterday and noticed this. Prior to the cystal case, I had no visible scratches.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I wonder if I am under warranty... My case has made a small mark on my antenna (no big deal for me). But worse is that two of the latches have broken off and the case falls off most of the time. I will contact Seidio today. In all fairness I did drop the phone with the case on and will mention that in my email to Seidio. The drop did no damage to the case itself or the phone but may have contributed to the damage to the latches and the scratch by the antenna.
    I bought a leather holster from on of those mall kiosks for $15 and it is by far the best case I've ever had for a phone or pda. The 700P fits great, it is secure, and the case looks nice. I use it with a shirt/tie at work and since I'm a physician in the ER, it gets some heavy and sometimes gorey usage. Go figure . . . a mall kiosk.
    TRG Pro -> m515 -> Tungsten E -> Palm TX -> Treo 700P
    i agree with you Tarobap, i bought the leather case from Palm , i have never had a scratch on any of my Treos due to the case.