Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    For all Chatter users with Fastmail as their email host, please note that Fastmail's server 3 is down.

http://status.fastmail.fm/?cat=100
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Server 3 is back up.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    The mails are coming in REAL SLOW though... :-(
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I still can't log in, apparently 1/4 of the users still don't have access.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I have been able to login to my fastmail account (via Chatter on Treo and Mozilla Thunderbird on my desktop) the whole morning but the mails are coming in real slow with about 2 hours delay (e.g. an email sent out at 8:41 am finally is received at fastmail at 10 am Pacific). Oh well...
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    This is the first time I have had any noticeable problem with Fastmail in a very long time (ie. more than 1 year).
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Yeah it's bad. Maybe it's time to try the 'free' EmailTreo account.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    This is the first time I have had any noticeable problem with Fastmail in a very long time (ie. more than 1 year).
    Consider yourself lucky. I've been on the wrong end of numerous outages over the past six months. One lasted 2.5 days. I love Fastmail for the price combined with IMAP, it helps to have backup e-mail.
    I moved all of my accounts to everyone.net last year because of fastmail issues, and haven't had a single outage since.

Marc
    oddly enough fusemail.com is experiencing problems too.

What are the odds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I moved all of my accounts to everyone.net last year because of fastmail issues, and haven't had a single outage since.

Marc
    How is the spam protection?

The storage doesn't look sas good as fastmail for the money...but obviously reliability and performance are the most important things.
    This issue though is due to moving to another server. Ben
    I can't believe I haven't had access to my fastmail account all day!!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I can't believe I haven't had access to my fastmail account all day!!!!
    You may want to go to the fastmail mailbox setup in Chatter, re-type a couple of fields, and hit 'ok'. This may force Chatter to use the 'new' server.

Alternatively go to 'Connection' in 'Preferences', and select 'Loosely Cache IP Addresses' if you're using the latest BETA.

Of course these suggestions only work if Fastmail indeed was swapping servers..
    I'm trying to log in directly on the fastmail sight, not even with chatter.
    The error I have been getting for the past five+ hours is:
    The account you are trying to login to is in the process of being migrated to a more powerful server and is currently unavailable. This process will take between 1 and 5 minutes. Please try logging in again soon.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Oh well... Good luck albertb!

It seems that Fastmail is now working fine for me. Emails are delivered timely - most of them anyway.
    For updates, checkout the Fastmail forum (http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/forum/index.html) and this thread in particular (http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/...threadid=45008)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    webedc -

What is the benefit from choosing 'loosely cache ip addresses' vs. 'always cache ip addresses'? I know that when fastmail has done a server migration previously I would go into Edit -Mailbox, choose Ok and Chatter would then find the new IP address. is this what 'loosely cache ip addresses' does?
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    It drops the cached IP address after 5-10 minutes of consecutive failures.

Marc
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks MarkY for your links about Fastmail! As a matter of fact I've been monitoring the Fastmail status blog but the info provided is just simply inadequate. After reading the posts in the other forum, I'm now seriously thinking about moving away from Fastmail. As a paid user and still having some money as credits in Fastmail, I certainly hate to leave... oh well...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast