Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Okay...I've got my new Treo 700p. I bought both the Palm Leather Horizontal Case and the Palm Hard Case. I'm not thrilled with either.

Any suggestions on a good vertical case? Or a better horizontal one? I find it difficult to get a good grip on the Treo taking it out of the horizontal case and don't want to drop it. The Palm case scratches the Treo. The leather case is impossible to clip to my beltand it turns on whenever I take it out.

So, what has your experience been and what cases do you suggest? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I like the Nutshell case for skinned Treos, but the case I keep coming back to is the Krussel Classic.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    http://blog.treonauts.com/hw_cases/index.html

scroll down and read all the reviews with pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Okay...I've got my new Treo 700p. I bought both the Palm Leather Horizontal Case and the Palm Hard Case. I'm not thrilled with either.

Any suggestions on a good vertical case? Or a better horizontal one? I find it difficult to get a good grip on the Treo taking it out of the horizontal case and don't want to drop it. The Palm case scratches the Treo. The leather case is impossible to clip to my beltand it turns on whenever I take it out.

Maybe get a set of Best Skins Ever to use with the Palm Hard Case? Combination works great for me.
    where is it scratching ur treo with the hard case? I have the hard case too and haven't seen any scratches due to the case.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The back of the Treo rubs up against the clasp as well as the top edge of the case when I'm taking it out. I use only one hand to take it out and trying to get a good grip on the phone, so I don't drop it, causes it to rub up against the edge.

BTW....anyone have any experience with a holster for the Treo. I'm looking for one that will hold the Treo safely in place but also be easy enough to use with only one hand to take the phone out of the holster when I need to answer it.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I love the rubberized holster from Cellit RH-7 rubberized holster with the
    Invisible Shield installed.
    Take a look at the hinge inside the hard case. It can be trimmed and easily double the amount the hard case swings open.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    I love the rubberized holster from Cellit RH-7 rubberized holster with the
    Invisible Shield installed.
    Can you give a source for this one ? thanks
    Be careful with the Cellet. The one I tried out for a week resulted in my Treo dropping out at least once a day. If you will active at all using this case I wouldn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    I find it difficult to get a good grip on the Treo taking it out of the horizontal case and don't want to drop it. The Palm case scratches the Treo. The leather case is impossible to clip to my beltand it turns on whenever I take it out.

The Palm horizontal leather pouch is pretty nice. Use the Palm Flexi Skin w/ your 700P and then put it in the leather pouch. You'll have a much better grip when taking the 700P out of the leather pouch + your 700P will have some protection from drops.
    I love my Magnum case from Innopocket (except for the weak belt clip).

My last Treo gave up the ghost after being scratched, cracked, and having the antenna sheared off. It looked like it had been dragged behind and angry Yak, but it still worked.

Now with the Magnum case, my treo has been kept fairly pristine. Although the case looks like it's been dragged behind another angry Yak.
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    Be careful with the Cellet. The one I tried out for a week resulted in my Treo dropping out at least once a day. If you will active at all using this case I wouldn't get it.
    I second this warning. My 700p now has some nice little nicks thanks to it popping off of this holster and onto some nice new blacktop. And this would happen a couple of times a week.
    speck skin tight