1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am relatively new to these forums (2nd Post) so I apologize if I am not quite fully educated or up to date on my current Treo news (I did quite a few searches before this). I am going to take the plunge and get my first Treo (Sprint Customer) and I was probably going to go with the 700P but I am just so unfamiliar with the differences between taht and the 700W. Which one is newer? To be very honest besides for the phone capabilities, I would be using the Treo mainly for my work email that I would sink to my Microsoft access account. Are either of these better/faster/easier to navigate with Email for a Microsoft access server? Thanks for all of your help.

Brad
    Quote Originally Posted by bradz2125 View Post
    Hi all,

I am relatively new to these forums (2nd Post) so I apologize if I am not quite fully educated or up to date on my current Treo news (I did quite a few searches before this). I am going to take the plunge and get my first Treo (Sprint Customer) and I was probably going to go with the 700P but I am just so unfamiliar with the differences between taht and the 700W. Which one is newer? To be very honest besides for the phone capabilities, I would be using the Treo mainly for my work email that I would sink to my Microsoft access account. Are either of these better/faster/easier to navigate with Email for a Microsoft access server? Thanks for all of your help.

Brad
    The 700w (or wx) has native ActiveSync which syncs to your Exchange server. On the p, you can buy ChatterEmail which will get your Exchange mail if you have web access enabled.

The w came out in Jan 06, p in Jun 06, and wx will be available tomorrow. The wx has double the RAM of the w.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    The 700p also has Active sync bundled from Sprint. It all depends on how you want to install it, if you have access to the exchange server outside of your intranet, etc.. In any case, the 700p, 700w will give you access to your Exchange email, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, etc.. The 700p runs POS and is newer, has more memory, more resolution, and more problems than the 700w that runs WM5.

For other reasons you can read about in these forums, get the 700wx (assuming is will be as solid as the 700w).