1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out how to make the treo screen not shut off after the 3 minutes? As soon as it goes off, you release the keyguard, then you have to restart tomtom all over. Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.
    TomTom 5.201 works fine on my 700p, the screen stays on while TomTom is running.
    groomer,

have the same problem running garmin que software if treo is not in cradle.

so I downloaded for $2.99 this little app http://home.vrweb.de/jSwi/SoftPalm/AutoOff.html with which you can control how long the treo stays on.

After I got it I asked the author to add the check box for always on in cradle which essentially means that if it is in the cradle or being charged and you turn it on, it will stay on until you turn it off or remove it from cradle.

the author I believe is Dutch, Swiss or German so his English is not perfect, but what he wrote gets the job done.

I am not familiar with TomTom, but there may a setting within the program to keep treo on while TomTom is running.

remltr
    My TomTom doesn't do that. Are you sure you are running legit copy?
  5.    #5  
    Running legit copy ver# 5.201.5344
    Do you have it with external power when that happens? I've had that happen to me on rare occasions. When it does, pressing the red key turns the display on again, the unlock with center key, it never turns off again.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I havent researched this and I am sure I could... but thought I would ask. While using TomTom can you get calls? And SMS?

If you can when the call is over how difficult is it to continue using TomTom.

THanks!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just ordered yesterday the release 6 of TomTom for the Treo. Should be here tomorrow, or today depending on what time you are reading this heh! Will try and report my results. Am excited to get it and see if they have done anything exciting for it. Supposedly 6 isn't available to anybody but Palm at the moment. So not sure if that is a good thing or not. Wish me luck.
    Yeah TomTom 5 works fine on my 700P...
    TRG Pro -> m515 -> Tungsten E -> Palm TX -> Treo 700P
    I have TT5 on my 700P 5.201 and it does not shut off. My advice is to call TomTom tech support. They are outstanding!!!! It sounds like something is buggy with your install or your Treo. They should be able to help you.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    The screen stays on with TomTom 6
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    The screen stays on with TomTom 6
    Does the screen get hot and subsequently dim?

There have been reported instances where the Treo screen gets hot and dims after extended use with some applications. I've had this happen when streaming radio for an hour or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I havent researched this and I am sure I could... but thought I would ask. While using TomTom can you get calls? And SMS?

If you can when the call is over how difficult is it to continue using TomTom.

THanks!
    You can receive SMS and calls while using TomTom. If you reply to an SMS or answer the call then TomTom shuts down and the phone or SMS app starts. This is because of Palm's lack of multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by groomer View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to make the treo screen not shut off after the 3 minutes? As soon as it goes off, you release the keyguard, then you have to restart tomtom all over. Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.
    Mine did that when I first got my 700p. Then I deleted all of Tomtom from the treo and started from scratch. Problem solved. You need to go into the file manager and clear/delete all of TT. Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Did any of you upgrade from the 650 to 700p with Tomtom. I can't get it to activate for me on the 700p. I put in a trouble request with Tomtom, but they have been slow to answer.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    Did any of you upgrade from the 650 to 700p with Tomtom. I can't get it to activate for me on the 700p. I put in a trouble request with Tomtom, but they have been slow to answer.
    I moved TomTom from the 650 to my new 700p, and activated it twice on the 700p because I had a hard reset to clean some things out. No problem activating. Have you called them? They can take awhile to answer support e-mail requests.
    Aviator's comment was my experience also. I have not had the screen turn off since the re-install.
    I've been using TomTom 6 on my 700p, and have not run into any problems. The screen stays lit until I reach my destination
    maybe there is help here. Look at the Trouble with TomTom Navigator 5.2 update thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=100876&page=1

I know after updating to that version my tomtom app would respect the power settings i had in palm prefs. Uninstalled/deleted and reinstalled and voila.. it would stay on as i navigated.