1.    #1  
    We gave up on Dish Network a few months ago (too much foliage blocking our signal) and I'm not prepared to pay big bucks for cable, so for now we only get OTA (old-style TV + HDTV), which doesn't show many playoff games, especially prior to the league championships.

I'd like to be able to watch the baseball playoffs. Unfortunately MLB.com doesn't show the playoffs live. I guess that MobiTV will though. I've played with the demo a bit and it seems OK.

My 8-year-old and I are the only ones who'll want to watch, so we can crowd around my 650.

Are there any other alternatives which I should be aware of? Or will MobiTV's ESPN feed be so bad that I'll hate it? Can I expect that feed to include the baseball playoffs?
    Unless things have changed in the year since I tried it out, MobiTV's ESPN feed wasn't a live version of any of ESPN's channels, just a pre-recorded looping highlight show.
    I suppose if you really wanted to you could try this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/su...ions/mlbtv.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    We gave up on Dish Network a few months ago (too much foliage blocking our signal) and I'm not prepared to pay big bucks for cable, so for now we only get OTA (old-style TV + HDTV), which doesn't show many playoff games, especially prior to the league championships.

I'd like to be able to watch the baseball playoffs. Unfortunately MLB.com doesn't show the playoffs live. I guess that MobiTV will though. I've played with the demo a bit and it seems OK.

My 8-year-old and I are the only ones who'll want to watch, so we can crowd around my 650.

Are there any other alternatives which I should be aware of? Or will MobiTV's ESPN feed be so bad that I'll hate it? Can I expect that feed to include the baseball playoffs?
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the local TV channels pick up in-market playoff games from ESPN?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I don't believe so. Occasionally in Atlanta, CBS will decide they would rather us watch their 2 bit broadcast of the Falcons instead of the beautiful HD version on ESPN.... I really hate that
    Quote Originally Posted by samboy View Post
    I don't believe so. Occasionally in Atlanta, CBS will decide they would rather us watch their 2 bit broadcast of the Falcons instead of the beautiful HD version on ESPN.... I really hate that

At least you can watch on TV... Most Oakland Raiders games are not televised locally
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    I suppose if you really wanted to you could try this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/su...ions/mlbtv.jsp
    This is fine for regular season games, but playoff games are shown with a delay, not live. I don't recall whether it's 4 hours or 24 or whatever, but it's too long to have the desired sense of immediacy.

I even paid for a month or two of this service last year, which was a complete waste.
    my suggestion: become very friendly with your cable subscribed neighbors. become very friendly!
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    my suggestion: become very friendly with your cable subscribed neighbors. become very friendly!
    Very, very true....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter