Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I understand that you can press the option key first and then dial the number, but solves part of the problem. On the 650, if I continued to dial the number, the contact search would end and the call would be placed to the number I was dialing. Now I have to press the option button to tell it that I mean a number not a contact. An extra, unnecessary step.

Does anyone know how to hack this?
    Last edited by mike3000; 08/30/2006 at 01:49 PM.
    On my 700p there is an option in the "Phone Display Options" on the phone screen that has a drop down menu to turn this off. My options are "Typing starts a contact search" or "Typing dials a Phone Number".

Hope that helps.
    Any news on this? It's a real step back from the 650; pressing option wasn't necessary, you just start typing the number and after 3 or 4 digits the phone figures there's no matching names, so it converts it to numbers. It was super easy. The 650 was superior to the 700 in many ways. What a pain.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Scottw you missed the gist of the question.

I miss this option also. I use this same way to search for contacts. The work around I use is I have a shortcut on the first favorites list for dialpad.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Dial by Photo has this functionality.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    figures... I personally think that is a stupid feature. Link please. There is a few of those I thought.

thanx
    If I could know then, what I know now.