1.    #1  
    Hello

I need my Treo 650 works like an answering machine (automatic answering and recording message) because I need avoid the proveider's Voicemail service.

Is it possible?

Configuring Palm OS?
    Getting a SW tool?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by antonlizardo; 08/30/2006 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Nope, I don't think so.

You can record phone calls using a program call CallRec, but other than that, there is no "software answering machine" for the Treo. Most people (I'd venture to say all) use the voicemail service their carrier provides.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you spyVeyx

I'm located in Mexico, I receive lots of calls due to my job, some times I can't answer a phone call and I redirect them to the provider's voicemail system.

Every time I want to retreive a message I need to make a phone call to the system, however, it has a cost ( I don't remember, more or less 20 dollar cents ), that is the reason I need urgently an answering machine for my Treo.

Well, I have to wait for it.
    I think callshield has this feature... I THINK.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    No, they do not.
    can't believe such intelligent pda phone lacks such must-have function! Anyone who can invent one will make a millionaire in 3 months!
    How about Call Wave

www.callwave.com
    I think an answering machine is an excellent feature to have. I used to have a MiicroTac Elite (12 years ago) and i was able to screen my calls and also not have to call the network to receive my messages.

I think an answering machin is very doable. This is what is needed.

1) Answer a call with mute activated

2) Play a greeting

3) Rocord the phone conversation.

4) provide a UI that can disable mute and allow you to take the call.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yes, it was pretty nice made in MicroTac, but limited to 2 minutes if I remember right. However no need to spend money calling operator especially if you receive a lot of calls. Callfilter can play background music when you answer a call, few additions and it is done.