1.    #1  
    Just ran accross this article afternoon. If you're planning sell or give away an old phone, you may want to read this article first.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060830/...y_a_cell_phone

Anyone know how to perform a zero-out reset on a 700P?

wrspoon
    The directions on the Palm website:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Ben
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Jus ttried it on my old 650 that I had already done a hard reset. The screen blanked for about 10 seconds, but not in the minutes range. Anyone confirm this? I can understand it potentially taking less time if it were hard reset first.
    Cr@p, I thought a hard reset cleared everything out, didn't realize there was a step beyond that. I've eBay'd two 600's and returned a 650 to Costco after a few months of use...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Palm should make a separate postcard (in the product boxes) in the Palm OS Hardware and/Treo devices explaining the importance of this feature, or at the very least, make a front-page sticky note on its Website. Less headaches for everybody.

Heck, make this thread a sticky and put it in the "General Treo" section of these forums.
    "Palm" were the same people that didn't think anyone but the looniest fanatics wanted much RAM in the Treos as long as they supplied an SD slot.

You can bet your sweet bippy that Palm cares nothing about your data being safely removed from the devices. The 700p is *HARDER* to zero out than the 650 (requres a code you need to spend time trying to drag out of the correct department at your Carrier!)....

After all - Palm will likely say the same thing about your data: "only a few Power Users have important data on their devices.... yada yada yada...".

Maybe, like they gaveTreo 650 users a small SD card to shut up, Palm will offer any complainers a free piece of paper and disappearing ink set for storing any data worth protecting from prying eyes. After all - wouldn't want to store anything valuable to your handheld device.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    The 700p is *HARDER* to zero out than the 650 (requres a code you need to spend time trying to drag out of the correct department at your Carrier!)....
    How do you do zero out reset on 700p?
    I did a hard and zero out reset on both of my 650's before selling them. I tried the same procedure on my 700p once, but it did not work. I believe someone posted how to do it in another thread though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I believe someone posted how to do it in another thread though.
    If anyone knows the thread, please post a link. I have searched unsuccessfully.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Did it really take a few minutes to recover from the blank screen as it describes? After a hard reset, it blanked for about 10 secs, but then booted back properly.

Thanks.
    sasq

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I did a hard and zero out reset on both of my 650's before selling them. I tried the same procedure on my 700p once, but it did not work. I believe someone posted how to do it in another thread though.