1.    #1  
    My phone recently lost a rubber cover and a screw underneath (or pin, I'm not sure which it was), that secures the antenna to the unit.

I called Palm Support, but they won't sell parts to customers (even such simple silly parts as described above). The phone is out of warantee, so I really don't want to pay for repair (which, if it is anything like when I had my 600 repaired, took between 1 and 2 months, despite the 7-10 official turnaround time quoted).

Does anyone know if/where one can purchase parts for the 650? (I'm in Europe, in case that matters). Maybe directly from the company that performs the service?

Failing that, does anyone know what kind of part it is that fastens the antenna? I remember it had a red and white marked head, but didn't notice if it was metal or plastic, or if it was a threaded screw or simply a pin held in place by the rubber cover.

Cheers,
    SMSD
    very small threaded screw (it is actually longer than the other screws around the housing)

It is TORQ 3 size screw

red and white marked head is the warranty sticker.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks very much!

I'll check around and see where I can find a Torx 3 screw. You wouldn't happen to know the actual length, would you...?

Now all that remaing is the little rubber plug/cover on top of the screw. Hmmm, maybe some chewing gum would do it...

Cheers,
    SMSD
    you might also want to check your local hardware store. I know at my local Lowe's I can find Torx screws and drivers for pretty cheap.

GL with your search!
    I'm Prolly going to get this:
    http://performancepda.zoovy.com/prod...50FLEXKEYBOARD

To freshen-up my Beat-Up Treo.

I'm still looking for the Side Buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/10/2006 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added Pic
    Just call me Berd.
    Is the warranty sticker phone specific? or if you get a replacement phone in the mail could you put the warranty sticker from that onto the bad phone you send back?
    are there any place where se can get faceplate+backplate for gsm treo 650? and hopefully unbranded
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I have Treo 650 screws and drivers with a hex head if you need them.
    PM or email me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    are there any place where se can get faceplate+backplate for gsm treo 650? and hopefully unbranded
    http://promobility.net/html/palmparts.shtml

I purchased a faceplate recently, very happy with the transaction.

You can also find them on eBay from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    very small threaded screw (it is actually longer than the other screws around the housing)

It is TORQ 3 size screw

red and white marked head is the warranty sticker.
    Actually, it's not a #3 Torx screw... it's a #5 Torx screw.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Quote Originally Posted by johnacraft View Post
    http://promobility.net/html/palmparts.shtml

I purchased a faceplate recently, very happy with the transaction.

You can also find them on eBay from time to time.
    thnx, i ordered a set of faceplates.. the price is a bit... erm too much though
    Handspring Visor > SONY Clie T650c> Sony CLIE NX70V (got stolen) > Sony Clie UX40 > PalmOne Treo 650 (Cingular unlocked)
    Hi! For my Treo 650, which size torx screw does the case use to secure the case together (those four screws just under the rear door (before accessing the area under the battery)?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Anyone out there looking for screws for the Treo, I have them. The screws have a Hex head (instead of Torx) and I include the driver for the screws if you need it. Some PDA site charge $5 per screw and up to $39 for a set. I sell the set to TreoCentral members for $10. PM or email me if you need screws.
    You can get the screws from InfosystemsPro. They've been selling screws for years. Check out the link to their store from my post here. I believe they charge less than many places for the screws.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws