Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got the 700P through retentions and was told by my rep there was no need to change my vision plan, he had sent this to me in an email. He said it is all the same to Sprint. When I called to activate the 700P I was told I needed to change the vision plan. I told them I had been emailed by a rep and it wasn't necessary. The said flat out the phone couldn't be activated unless the vision was changed. I asked them to not activate it and get me over to retentions. The retentions rep said the same thing. I said no way i'm paying more, it wasn't disclosed to me when we agreed to the phone purchase. She gave me the Powervision Plus for $20 and put a credit on my account for $10 each month so my service plan cost wouldn't change. I had to ask for the SMS credit also.

So if they try and change your plan, refuse and have them send you to retentions and ask them for a reduced price powervision plan because an increased monthly payment was not disclosed to you at the time of your purchase. Make sure the plan they give you covers all the features you had like picture mail and SMS and at least works out to your original cost.
    DJ
    I know i sound like a broken record...but just tell them no. Tell them you aren't going to use vision, and you're just trying out the phone. You'll probably go back to the old phone, and don't want your plan screwed up.
  3.    #23  
    Tried switching from the 650 to 700p, they wanted to give me Power Vision, I said no, we fought, he wouldn't do it, I told him to transfer me to Retention, he said that retention is only to cancel service. Should have told him I was going to cancel, that way he would have sent me there.

So...... still stuck with the 650....

I'll try again tomorrow....

Thanks all!!!!!

Ken
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    hey Ken, what ended up happening? I'm having the same problem going from my 650 to 700w
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rshaan View Post
    hey Ken, what ended up happening? I'm having the same problem going from my 650 to 700w

Ended up switching to the 700wx, got forced into getting PowerVision... oh well...

Ken
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    has anyone else been able to use their old vision plan with an evdo enabled phone?
    I'm not positive about this, but I believe SMS and TM was included in regular Vision services; it's not in Power Vision, so it's not just $5 a month difference. Unfortunately I didn't have a very cost effective plan when I upgraded phones, and the new plan works out to be cheaper for the way I use it (Fair and Flexible)....and when you change plans there's no way to keep your Vision service. However, I do get an 18% monthly discount because Sprint has a deal with my workplace.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    And while yer at it...

Don't pay for their silly Palm as Modem plan either. You don't need it. I have recently had reason to be online with my Treo as a modem for hours on end and other than a couple of drops, it works famously with PDANet. (Not taking advantage - in demos)

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12