Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Anyone know if it is possible to have 2 phone numbers on one Treo? VERIZON.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to have 2 phone numbers on one Treo? VERIZON.
    call fwd from the other phone or line?

1 esn number per line if you talking about having 2 numbers associated with 1 phone.
    The Treo does not support two numbers like some of the old Motorola phones did.
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    All GSM Treos (except maybe the carrier branded ones) support two lines. A SIM card enabled with two numbers should do the trick.

(I'm told that most current model cellphones have two lines built-in)
    Maybe GSM phones do. While with Verizon, only my old Motorola did that, a lot of them do not.

As for the treo, are you kidding? That can't even do WiFi >
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    As for the treo, are you kidding? That can't even do WiFi >
    Hey, even a cheapo (< 30 USD) Nokia has two lines! A Treo definitely has it (it is in the specifications) but may have been disabled (like so many other cool features) in branded phones (like Cingular).

Supporting two lines in mobile phones by default is one of the better decisions made by the manufacturers... (I think). The problem is it costs too much to enable two lines on the same SIM. It would have been so much better to have had two SIM holders instead. (This is where the whole thing starts to stink).