1.    #1  
    After hours of trying to figure out pocket-tunes, I-tuning cds on my I-book, and hot synching them to the SD card on my 700p, I sat down to enjoy my 700p mp3 player. What, only the right channnel! So I played around some more and could not get any sound from the left channel. I even downloaded the trial version of pocket tunes deluxe and when I turned the balance to the left.....no sound. I am using the 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter from verizon that allows you to, I thought, listen to stereo, and answer calls as they came through. Finally, after all attempts failed, I went to my friendly Verizon store only to be told that the 700p does not play stereo. WHAT! I might be able to get an adapter to pick up the right channel and play it through both ears but who want to listerns to the right channel through both ears. I am bummed.

can you make the 700p play stereo or even mono (not right channel only) through both ears. I want a 700p mp3 player! =)

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It plays stereo. I've found with some of the older 2.5 to 3.5 adapters that I used w/my 650, that I had to pull it out slightly from the jack to get stereo on the 700p. The jack is slightly different and you may need to replace the adapter, but the 700p does playback in stereo.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  3.    #3  
    ur the man, thanks. so if i get the right adapter any set of stereo headphones should work?
    look man. I had a similar crisis with my sprint 700p. verizon ppl are wrong. treo 700p is in 5.1 surround... or atleast stereo for sure.

check it out:
    treo 700p's 2.5mm jack is wired diff than standard cell phone jacks. I went to many stores to buy a compatible wired stereo headset with in line mic similar to the one palm packed in. all the non palm branded ones didnt work in stereo. only one side had audio.

eventually i dicided to buy one and rewire it. I cut it and spliced the wires and I swaped the supposed left and right (red, green) and now it works great just the way its supposed to: in stereo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn View Post
    I went to my friendly Verizon store only to be told that the 700p does not play stereo.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Another tard salesman strikes again!

It's either the headphones or your adapter. Go back to the store and test with a treo approved stereo headphone.
    I picked up an adapter at RadioShack for $4.99 (or was it $3.99?) that works perfect. The only downside is that it sticks down straight and is not a wire, so when I plug it down there is about and inch sticking out the bottom of my Treo before I can loop the headphone wire around (ok, I know, that sounded very confusing).
    you coulve just bought an adapter from this website, the wire one not the one that looks like an L , to me that one is a little be hard on the audio jack wich on the Treo is very sensitive by the way.
    Yeah, for me it was a financial decision. The radio shack one was a lot less expensive then buying it online. But whatever.

I did try a headset that my dad got with his Verizon LG vx8100, and it did not produce audio in one side.
  9.    #9  
    wow thanks for all the replies!! =)

i will check out the adapter from radio shack (any 3.5 to 2.5 should do it)?

and once i get the right adapter should ANY stereo headphones work? lastly, what are "treo approved" stereo headphones? any links to examples?

thanks again
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    wow thanks for all the replies!! =)

i will check out the adapter from radio shack (any 3.5 to 2.5 should do it)?

and once i get the right adapter should ANY stereo headphones work? lastly, what are "treo approved" stereo headphones? any links to examples?

thanks again
    Not sure what "treo approved" stereo headphones are, but, yes, with the correct adapter any headphones should work. I've used many different types, from Sennheiser high end cans on down to a pair I got on a Delta flight to watch the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    you coulve just bought an adapter from this website, the wire one not the one that looks like an L , to me that one is a little be hard on the audio jack wich on the Treo is very sensitive by the way.
    Rick,
    Where is the website?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Rick,
    Where is the website?
    I think he meant Treo Central
    Here http://store.treocentral.com
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I bought he el cheapo radio shack adapter and it works great. I've used em with ipod headphones, car cassette adapters and am now testing the sony MDR-NC11A noise canceling headphones with my treo. I have a long flight, and I understand these are awesome for blocking out engine drone.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I have both Radio Shack and the Treocentral adapter and I would highly recommend the Treocentral design over the Radio Shack. You might be saving $5 with the Radio Shack brand but you are risking damaging your headset jack more with that adapter. It sticks out about 2". If your phone is mostly stationary when you listen to y our mp3 then that might be ok. But if you plan to be moving it around just be careful when you do. The Treocentral one you can pretty much do anything with the Treo without worrying about the adapter. I use my treo a lot at the gym and I can just leave it in my pocket and be trouble free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    I think he meant Treo Central
    Here http://store.treocentral.com
    oops! My mind interpreted the "this" in a different way.

Got it now though, thanks for your manner...
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I have both Radio Shack and the Treocentral adapter and I would highly recommend the Treocentral design over the Radio Shack. You might be saving $5 with the Radio Shack brand but you are risking damaging your headset jack more with that adapter. It sticks out about 2". If your phone is mostly stationary when you listen to y our mp3 then that might be ok. But if you plan to be moving it around just be careful when you do. The Treocentral one you can pretty much do anything with the Treo without worrying about the adapter. I use my treo a lot at the gym and I can just leave it in my pocket and be trouble free.
    Along with rick2203 above, thanks for clarifying the details and reasons for why the L-shaped adaptor from TreoCentral might be better.

Update:
    Rather than the L-shaped adaptor, I'm pretty sure you may be referring to the SPE Stereo adaptor as the safest.
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/08/2006 at 01:21 AM.
  17.    #17  
    I talked to another guy at the Verizon store and he went in the back and talked to the manager, came out and told me the first guy was right. You can't play stereo on the Treo ....unless you use Treo specific headphones (which the first guy didn't tell me). I was trying the Jabra V cast headphones and even an adapter they sold me to use with my Etymotics was a V cast adapter. The mail/female plug on the Treo is unique to the Treo. Anyway, those $15 SPEs sound incredible now in stereo.

does this make any sense?? =)
    I talked to another guy at the Verizon store and he went in the back and talked to the manager, came out and told me the first guy was right. You can't play stereo on the Treo ....unless you use Treo specific headphones (which the first guy didn't tell me). I was trying the Jabra V cast headphones and even an adapter they sold me to use with my Etymotics was a V cast adapter. The mail/female plug on the Treo is unique to the Treo. Anyway, those $15 SPEs sound incredible now in stereo.

does this make any sense?? =)
    I am understanding what you said as being:
    1. You must use Treo specific headphones OR
    2. You can use other headphones as long as you use a Treo specific adaptor.
    3. The $15 SPE headphones are very good.

I hope I'm right.