1.    #1  
    I am using comcast with multiple email accounts that I can view on my Treo 700p. whenever I delete something I notice it still appears on the server when I login to those accounts on my pc.

I thought when I "get" email that it suppose to synch whatever changes occurred on my treo? it does not seem to be working because I have delete msgs on my treo AND whenever I access from my pc.

any suggestions? I have gone through my preferences and have selected:

auto synch mail checked every hour
    delete mail on the server after deleting from versamail
    I just played around with Versamail. I can't seem to make it delete an email from either my Yahoo mail account or my Outlook account, no matter how I set it up. Its a small thing, really - I hadn't noticed but it does seem to be a bug.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    just use chatter with your mail hosted by (or forwarded to if you need to maintain a POP3 email address) and IMAP IDLE account. Changes made on the Treo will be reflected back to the server be it for deleting emails from a mailbox to moving emails to specific sub-folders. Chatter can move messages even if the Mailboxes are not online. This is one of the features that is unique to Chatter, unless you are going the route of Goodlink.
    Forget Versamail - absolutely move to ChatterEmail. I've got 5 different accounts with 5 different hosts and Chatter manages them like a pro. While I'm traveling, I can delete junk as it comes in, and when I return to the office and download, they're not there.
  5.    #5  
    I was hoping versamail would be able to "synch" my email. maybe it's a bug or maybe we just need some help setting it up correctly?

chattermail sounds great but it cost $$$ on top of what I already spent on the phone.
  6.    #6  
    is chattermail a time $39.95 fee? so I only pay for it once? does that include free upgrades?
    If mail is important to you, then the cost of a good email client is a given. I purchased licenses for both SnapperMail and ChatterEmail and use ChatterEmail exclusively. Email is a priority for me. It is a one-time fee and Marc has yet to charge for any upgrades. Ben
  8. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I use IMAP over SSL and Chatter, works fine. POP sucks. :P
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdeals_007 View Post
    I was hoping versamail would be able to "synch" my email. maybe it's a bug or maybe we just need some help setting it up correctly?

chattermail sounds great but it cost $$$ on top of what I already spent on the phone.
    When deleting messages on the Treo using Versamail, an option appears that says "Delete message(s) from the device?" Below that you'll see a check box and next to it says, "Also delete message(s) on server." Check that box, and the messages should be deleted from your e-mail account. I use SBC Yahoo!, Sprint PCS and my university e-mail accounts and it works perfectly.

Now, if you are using Outlook to manage your POP account(s) you'll still have to physically delete the messages there if they've already downloaded because the e-mails are saved to your hard drive with Outlook. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume that would be the case for all e-mail apps.
    Last edited by Big Tone; 08/30/2006 at 03:27 PM.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    I use VersaMail (that's the "Mail" app the Sprint 700p came with) and I loke it.

IMAP - It works great with my IMAP account and the filter lets me ignore certain keywords/etc. It'll manage different accounts.

Exchange server - It worked great with syncing mail to my exchange server (not via POP or IMAP!) but when I synced appointments and contacts (w/exchange server) it wants to do it that way exclusively which wasn't for me.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    IMAP is the only way to go for really keeping things synced. Lots of folks around here like Chatter, I happen to prefer Snappermail. To each his own. But the real answer is IMAP, whichever client you use.
    Versamail, just last week, stopped syncing with the server and I don't know why. The only thing I recall doing recently was updating Butler to the new beta.

I notice that when I empty email trash folder, it connects, but then the "syncing palm changes" screen just flashes instead of lingereing while it does its job. Peculiar and frustrating.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    If you're using versamail, don't do a "get mail", do a "Sync Server Folders" (Menu-L). Works just fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    If you're using versamail, don't do a "get mail", do a "Sync Server Folders" (Menu-L). Works just fine for me.
    I'm sorry but it doesn't make anything happen for me in versamail. Maybe I'm missing something
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxtremely View Post
    I'm sorry but it doesn't make anything happen for me in versamail. Maybe I'm missing something
    Off the top of my head, I wonder if you're using POP instead of IMAP. I guess the only way the "Sync Server Folders" is of use is if you're IMAP'ing your mail instead of POP'ing it.

Then again, the concept of "sync'ing" your mail means (at least to me) that you should be using IMAP, not POP.
    I have been using SnapperMail for years. I like it however, I can't stand the fact that it turns on to check email every 15 miutes. I want an email program that will only get my attention when I have and email. Not just lighting up my room to check email................Does Chatter do this?
    Thanks-