1.    #1  
    Hi -

I've got a Treo 650 from Sprint, and I'm having trouble with Blazer. Occassionally--though not consistently or for specfiic web sites--I get the error "download could not be completed. Please try again later." If I immediately re-click the link the page ALWAYS loads. It's as though Blazer isn't trying the first time... sort of a time-out problem. It's quite frustrating, because it happens proabably 10-15% of the time I try to load a page. (For instance, it makes using a program like Genius! near unbearable).

I've read about a similar problem with the TX and wi-fi, but this is a treo using regular cellular network web access (vision). Any ideas? My web searches return nothing. Also, I'm not opposed to switching browsers, but I really don't mind Blazer aside from this problem.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Try a different web browser. If you get the same results, then it's a hardware problem. Whether that problem is carrier side or client side is another story.

This same exact error happens to me as well. I'm using a Sprint branded Treo 650 too, like yourself. I started to wonder if its due to low memory and the downloading of the page being interupted due to lack of space. I hard reset over the weekend and went from 6 megs available (which gave me the Blazer error almost ALWAYS on every webpage) to now having 12 megs free. Since then I have only gotten the Blazer error once or twice in 5 days.

How much space do you have free?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    This same exact error happens to me as well. I'm using a Sprint branded Treo 650 too, like yourself. I started to wonder if its due to low memory and the downloading of the page being interupted due to lack of space. I hard reset over the weekend and went from 6 megs available (which gave me the Blazer error almost ALWAYS on every webpage) to now having 12 megs free. Since then I have only gotten the Blazer error once or twice in 5 days.

How much space do you have free?
    It looks like I have about 10.8 megs free, which seems like a lot. I tried setting Blazer to clear the cache on exiting the program, but I haven't used it enough since then to figure out whether that helped. I've thought about doing a hard reset, too. Glad to hear you had some luck with that (and freeing memory).

-Nick