Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Hello all,
    I did a search to see what i could find, but it doesn't seem like there has been a recent discussion directly comparing and contrasting these applications. If i'm mistaken, i apologize for the redundancy.

To start, i have been using Ringo Pro for a while, and it works great for the ringers, but Iím intrigued by Call Filter and LightWav's abilities and features lists.

What are your experiences? I currently use a Treo 650, and Iím planning on checking with sprint retentions for a 700p, will that make much difference?

Thanks!
    Call filter is twitchy as all get out on the 650 and 700, it is great on the 600. Virtually no support from the developer.
    CallFilter and LightWav = buggy
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    That's too bad, looking at the feature list for Call Filter looks phenomenal, but i suppose it would have to work My only real complaint with Ringo is that the picture displays are not full screen, seems like something that is possible on virtually every cameraphone should be possible on a treo by default, let alone the only stable ringer management program.
    On my Sprint Treo 600, CallFilter is rock solid. Not a problem. It is buggy on the 650 and 700p - I gave up on it. Try Call Shield - it works and is installed on my 700p, though support from Mantra is not the best.

Ben
    I used Ringo for my T650 and then used LightWav on the 700. I prefer the features of LightWav and basically liked the program better. I had to go back to the 650 (switched back to Cingular) and cannot get LightWav working on the 650, so I'm using Ringo again.

I own mRing, but cannot get it to work on either the 650 or the 700. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I bought the program.
    Not to many people are happy with lightwav. I would personally like to have bamboo shoots under my nails that deal with all the random and hard resets.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    mring only stable one i've found and I own them all..also like the profiles in mring
    really really want callfilter to work
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    mring only stable one i've found and I own them all..also like the profiles in mring
    really really want callfilter to work
    Thanks!
    Minitones is free and does the job as far as ringtones.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have used Lightwav for quite some time... Not having any problems at all with it... Great tech support... The recommendations that I made went into the latest release...
    Does Minitones set individualized ringtones? I can't seemt o figure out how to do that? I could set one for known caller and unknown caller, but I can't set one for a single person or a single group.

Quote Originally Posted by gklewis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gklewis View Post
    That's what I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    Does Minitones set individualized ringtones? I can't seemt o figure out how to do that? I could set one for known caller and unknown caller, but I can't set one for a single person or a single group.
    If you set up your contact as a favorite, you can assign a ringtone to that contact.