1.    #1  
    Can anyone confirm that the call log is transferred from the 650 to the 700p? I recall being unable to transfer my call log when upgrading from the 600 to my current 650. Can I use my existing computer-based palm software, or do I need to upgrade?
    The call log does NOT transfer from a Verizon 650 to 700p
    I copied it over from the 650 backup folder. I think the file is called calldb or something. You can also copy over the SMS_database.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I copied it over from the 650 backup folder. I think the file is called calldb or something. You can also copy over the SMS_database.
    Yep.
  5.    #5  
    OK, thanks! I'll give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Guys, I have to report that migrating from a 600 to a 700p, the Call Log DID migrate entirely!

I see you all reported this is not the case in the 650-to-700p case, but anyway just wanted to add this info to the discussion.
    Anybody know if it's possible to combine these and then save to the 700p? Or could you have old call history and new one on the new machine? There are a lot of characters that are gobbly-gook, code, I guess, so I'm not sure exactly how to combine them. Anybody have a clue how to do this? Anybody try it already? Right now, I have both on my powerbook. Couldn't believe BT worked really well to do this. Thanks for any help.
    I've managed to move my call log from my 650 to my new700p, but I can't get the SMS messages to transfer. There are a couple of files that look like the right ones, SMS Messages2.pdb and SMS Msg Database.pdb, as well as a bunch of files that start with SMS and then have a bunch of numbers after them. I've copied all of these to my 700p and nothing is showing up in the SMS app. Is there something I'm missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    I've managed to move my call log from my 650 to my new700p, but I can't get the SMS messages to transfer. There are a couple of files that look like the right ones, SMS Messages2.pdb and SMS Msg Database.pdb, as well as a bunch of files that start with SMS and then have a bunch of numbers after them. I've copied all of these to my 700p and nothing is showing up in the SMS app. Is there something I'm missing?
    I just did that based on info I found on another thread. The file you need to transfer is "Messages Database.pdb". I did it just this minute migrating from my 650 to my new 700p. And there are all my SMS's!

Here's a link to the other thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117684