Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi, this is my first post, and after doing an extensive search of my problem, I decide to ask for help from you guys. I have an unlocked Treo 650, not 1.20 ENA update, with what I think is the common software (butler, docs to go, voice memo, etc.) and since yesterday I'm having this problem: I dial a phone number, while in the phone app, and then I press the send button, and if I inmeadiately press the speakerphone option on the screen, the phone suddenly resets.
    Crash pro says, that the error is caused by the Phone 1.0 application, with this message:
    "Emul68KMain.c, Line:456, line 1111 exception at address 644E0000" or sometimes it just says "Fatal Exception".

If I make a call, and wait until it has ringed at least once, and then switch to speakerphone, I got no problem and no reset; but it's very frustating to keep special care, when making a call, and not having to hit the speakerphone button to soon, so what do you think will be the reason for this problem?
    Again I use butler, docs to go, voice memo, avantgo, bugme, exp.diary, splash id, automobile, converter, crash, dataviz tech tool (just to solve another reset problem), filez, g. tuner, inwatch, linkstart, radio control, sharkmsg, soundrec, speedy and treoalarm.

Thanks for your help.
    chepeliyas
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help.
    chepeliyas
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks again for your help.
    chepeliyas
    Since you have so many applications installed that any one of them or in combination could be causing the problem.

I'd suggest first getting a backup program like NVBackup (freeware) or others and doing a backup.

Next, rename your "Backup" folder on your computer (if it's Windows) to something else like Backup-old or whatever, normally located at:

C:\Program Files\Palm\YourHotsyncID\Backup

(YourHotsyncID is whatever you've named your Hotsync ID profile on the Palm)

Then, do a zero out reset.

Test your Treo and see whether you still have the problem (normally you shouldn't).

Then, re-install your programs one by one, testing after each program has been installed to see if the speakerphone problem comes back. The best way to do it is to install them one per day. Sometimes, problems don't show up immediately and you won't find out until at least the next day.

That means, only installing what program is most important first. If you re-install everything back all at once, you will likely get the problem back and won't be able to diagnose which program is causing the problem.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help.
    chepeliyas
    That was a good suggestion. Do a hard reset and don't sync. If the problem goes away, it is some software that's causing it. Re-install one by one.
    If the problem remains after a hard reset (and no syncing), the problem is with the phone hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A