Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I used the On Demand Dictionary once, and two hours later (15 minutes ago) when I went to use it again , it promnpted me for an upgrade. I chose to exist and reset just to clear out the dbcache. When I went in again, it again prompted me for the update to which I responded [Yes]. This time it gave me an error telling me that it failed to upgrade and to try later. I tried and retried, set and reset and started to wonder if I was looking at a hard reset. Anyone seen this?

Update:
    I deleted the file:
    On Demand tempdata7 and the problem disappeard.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/28/2006 at 04:06 PM.
    I got the same prompt today. First try at the upgrade was unsuccessful. Second try went thru just fine.

Try again.

K
    While using OnDemand today (I use it daily), I got an upgrade prompt. This is similar to the software upgrade a couple months ago. Process went smoothly. Now at build v 1.1.1541. First thing I noticed is the popup notification "Processing. Please Wait" while the software downloads and updates the channels. As before you have to guess when it's done. Hopefully they fixed the date/time stamps not updating consistently. It's all good.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm, I wonder if it somehow updated, because after deleting the file I no longer am receiving the prompt. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/29/2006 at 12:45 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    While using OnDemand today (I use it daily), I got an upgrade prompt. This is similar to the software upgrade a couple months ago. Process went smoothly. Now at build v 1.1.1541. First thing I noticed is the popup notification "Processing. Please Wait" while the software downloads and updates the channels. As before you have to guess when it's done. Hopefully they fixed the date/time stamps not updating consistently. It's all good.
    Uhoh, I'm still at 1.1.1517. Maybe it will prompt me again.
    I upgraded mine yesterday and it appears to have broken the radar images in the weather (one of the few things I actually use On Demand for...). It shows that it is downloading them, but they won't appear on the screen...
  7.    #7  
    When I update from News section the last update info does not change. I think it changes when I go to PageOne and update from there. It's a minor but somewhat irritating little bug and I do hope this "update" finally gets it.
  8.    #8  
    On Demand has now decided that my default Browser is Eudora which I recently installed experimentally. No other program is doing this, they call up Xiino which I have set to default.

No big problem for me as I seldom go from On Demand directly into the Browser. I guess I will keep Eudora for now for it's specialized uses, in spite of it being severely crippled. However, this may be the reason I got the error. Hmmm.

Update:
    I deleted Eudora. Now I'm just waiting for On Demand to knock on my door again.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/29/2006 at 01:13 PM.
    Yey!!! They fixed 'Custom' auto-updates! I've been using OnDemand a lot more lately. I'm likin it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Today I went to update and got the following error: "errorevice authentication failed -- Please reinstall the OnDemand application."

How do I re-install the App -- the On Demand version rather than Handmark Express?

Thanks.
    my update yesterday was flawless, just like the last one. I just hope that future updates will not wipe out some/all of my settings like the last 2.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by newrazr View Post
    Today I went to update and got the following error: "errorevice authentication failed -- Please reinstall the OnDemand application."

How do I re-install the App -- the On Demand version rather than Handmark Express?

Thanks.
    Not sure but someone mentioned something about having deleted everything and using the On Demand "bootstrap" (I think that was the term) program which I believe was in ROM to reinstall it. If you search for something like that you will see it.

Here it is (a bit vague though):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=12
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/31/2006 at 12:27 PM.
  13.    #13  
    What is the latest version of On Demand? I now went from 1.1.1517 to 1.1.1521. ChemEngr are you sure your's ends in 41 or was that a typo?

I'm not sure if my troubles have been resolved yet (could not update and had to delete tmp file after using dictionary to use On Demad), it's too early to tell...
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/31/2006 at 01:45 PM.
    Mine is 1.1.1541...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Mine is 1.1.1541...
    Thanks!
    hmmm.... I've been getting the error message when OD tries to update for three days now. I keep trying, but the update fails every time.

Perhaps coincidentally, I also can't get the PRL update to take. I've called *2 over a dozen times this week, each time it tells me I have an update, and confirms it's gone through.... but I never get the popup on the phone, and it still sits at 20221.

Could something be up with my 700p?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7 View Post
    hmmm.... I've been getting the error message when OD tries to update for three days now. I keep trying, but the update fails every time.

Perhaps coincidentally, I also can't get the PRL update to take. I've called *2 over a dozen times this week, each time it tells me I have an update, and confirms it's gone through.... but I never get the popup on the phone, and it still sits at 20221.

Could something be up with my 700p?

Can you get into On Demand at all without being prompted? If not, you can probably do so by deleting the ODTempData7 file and trying again. The update prompt will eventually return though, and deleting the file all the time is less than ideal.

What I did to get back to where I was (no problems since, but only working well for the last two days), was to delete only the temp file above and to restore (from a backup made at a time when On Demand was working perfectly) only the files corresponding to the On Demand for Palm OS folder in BackupBuddyVFS:

Express: Messages
    OD- Web URLs-On Demand
    OD- Astrology
    OD-Extra Stories
    OD-Product Catalog
    On Demand for Palm OS
    Pocket Express Images

It's probable that only the second to the last is necessary, but this is what was in the main group, so I restored them all...

After that On Demand seemed to update itself to the version I have mentioned above (from ending in 17 to ending in 21). I haven't had the prompt in the last two days and have been using On Demand quite heavily (including the dictionary which used to bring up the update prompt without fail).

Hope this helps...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 77d7 View Post
    I have wondered about the connection between the PRL update and the On Demand hangup too...
    now radar images are gone when i upgraded from 21 to 41. but sports now doesnt completely soft reset the device, i guess the grass aint greener, the wine aint sweeter, either side of the hill
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Can you get into On Demand at all without being prompted? If not, you can probably do so by deleting the ODTempData7 file and trying again. The update prompt will eventually return though, and deleting the file all the time is less than ideal.

What I did to get back to where I was (no problems since, but only working well for the last two days), was to delete only the temp file above and to restore (from a backup made at a time when On Demand was working perfectly) only the files corresponding to the On Demand for Palm OS folder in BackupBuddyVFS:

Express: Messages
    OD- Web URLs-On Demand
    OD- Astrology
    OD-Extra Stories
    OD-Product Catalog
    On Demand for Palm OS
    Pocket Express Images

It's probable that only the second to the last is necessary, but this is what was in the main group, so I restored them all...

After that On Demand seemed to update itself to the version I have mentioned above (from ending in 17 to ending in 21). I haven't had the prompt in the last two days and have been using On Demand quite heavily (including the dictionary which used to bring up the update prompt without fail).

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for your response. I didn't see it until today... another thing that's broken is that I don't get my thread subscription emails from this site (emailed support about it 3 times, each time they fixed it to where I received one single update and then it breaks again. Starting to wonder if I just have some kind of general Treo jinx...)

I'll play around with this some tonight and see if I can get it resolved, using some of the suggestions posted here. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast