Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    I upgraded mine yesterday and it appears to have broken the radar images in the weather (one of the few things I actually use On Demand for...). It shows that it is downloading them, but they won't appear on the screen...
    I'm not so sure it's OnDemand-related. I have another weather program (XWeather) that gets radar and satellite images from NOAA and it stopped being able to download these about the same time.
    Well, I think I've about tried everything. Deleted the suggested files, tried deleting the entire program, even to the point of a hard reset. I still can't get Ondemand to take the update, nor can I get the PRL update to stick. Guess I'll call tech support when I have an hour or three to kill...
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    I'm not so sure it's OnDemand-related. I have another weather program (XWeather) that gets radar and satellite images from NOAA and it stopped being able to download these about the same time.
    Guess I was wrong. OnDemand maps started working again and I had to reinstall the XWeather program to get it's radar images to work. Oh well.
  4.    #24  
    I have not been able to update On Demand since I began this thread, every two days having to delete a filed called OD-tempData7-OnDemand in order for On Demand to work. No combination of plugging in, resetting, hotsyncing, deleting, patience to try again and again, etc. worked for me. Today I finally hacked past this and am posting one fix in case anyone else has a similar problem.

The exact error message I was getting was:
    [X] Sorry, there was a problem performing the update.
    Please try again later. (0x1610)

Sometimes the number would change. Opening up the OD-TempData7-OnDemand showed a URL sandwitched in between some code leading to the necessary file for performing the update:

http://www.handmark.com/downloads/on...nd_upgrade.prc

I downloaded this file into my laptop (Blazer will not do it) and Hotsynced. The file was in Resco Explorer Applications (not RAM, took me a while to find it) in a folder called "On Demand Update." Clicking on the file FINALLY updated my On Demand to 1.1.1541. Seems simple now.

Hope this ultimately solves it and helps someone avoid the problems I have had with this update...
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/15/2006 at 10:11 AM.
    On Demand soft resets my Treo 700p now 0.5 seconds after starting. The technical support folks say it "shattered" (OK, I asked if it did) and a Hard Reset is the only option.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cybe View Post
    On Demand soft resets my Treo 700p now 0.5 seconds after starting. The technical support folks say it "shattered" (OK, I asked if it did) and a Hard Reset is the only option.
    That reminds me of the other day when I tried to update my WiFi driver on my laptop, and ended up in an infinite loop (yes, my laptop would just keep rebooting itself without actually getting into XP). I called my laptop maker's support center and the agent said: "don't worry, we are going to reformat the drive and everything is going to be just fine."
    so anyone having this issue.... mine has the updated 1.1.1541 verison but if i go to Directories it now tells me my trial has ended and i need to purchase. (which i had done months ago) any of the other channels i need to have premium for work fine (tv guide, maps, dictionary,etc) are all fine and recognize the subscription. any ideas?!
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608 View Post
    so anyone having this issue.... mine has the updated 1.1.1541 verison but if i go to Directories it now tells me my trial has ended and i need to purchase. (which i had done months ago) any of the other channels i need to have premium for work fine (tv guide, maps, dictionary,etc) are all fine and recognize the subscription. any ideas?!

Mine is doing the same exact thing. Everything wors except 411 Directory. I know Sprint is having problems or do work on the network. My Sprint TV does not work it gives me an error. Maybe its all connected.

Does your Sprint TV work?
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    Does your Sprint TV work?
    One thing i tried did not "404 not found error" second clip i tried did work...

so obviously this is a server side problem (as usual it seems)
    Yeah it seems to be a problem with Sprint. Too many people are having the same problem for it not to be.

Just checked mine again this morning ans still NOT working.
  11.    #31  
    My 411 directory is working fine. We need someone to take care of these things who is very familiar with On Demand. The program is so well done, but the support part of it does not seem to be quite there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Guess I was wrong. OnDemand maps started working again and I had to reinstall the XWeather program to get it's radar images to work. Oh well.
    sorry, i know this is an old thread, but i wanted to let everyone know the deal with onDemand and xWeather.

OnDemand and xWeather both use a shared library called pnoJpegLib (so does 4cast, i believe). xWeather requires version 2.x of this library, ..and that is what ships with xWeather. OnDemand can use version 1.x or version 2.x (version 2.x is backward compatible). the problem is that OnDemand will perform an auto-update when it detects you're running an older version (i believe it will ask the user if he/she wants to upgrade). OnDemand will then proceed to "upgrade" pnoJpegLib version 2.x with pnoJpegLib version 1.0. Therefore, xWeather's radar and satellite images will no longer work. the user has to manually remove pnoJpegLib version 1.x off his device (which can require a soft reset if OnDemand has held a lock on the shared lib, which it seems to do often). once the user has soft reset the device, pnoJpegLib version 1.0 can be deleted and the user can install version 2.13 (which ships with xWeather) back on the device. BOTH apps will now work. it's really a shame OnDemand's updater doesn't check versions of loaded shared libraries to determine if a newer one is already on the device.

hope this helps clear the confusion.
    Scott, I was with you guys when it was a beta and asked you if you will do a full aviation style Wx. With wind speed and dir in degs, and cloud bases and tops, prog charts, radar .... kind a like nexrad info as these phones have broadband like speeds. Tall order, but is it possible?
    Thanks for posting this.

My OD recently broke (white screen + reset) out of the blue. I hotsynced the file above, and ran it on the phone. It installed fine, and OD ran successfully after installing the update. While in OD, I was prompted to install another update over-the-air. That also went well. Again, thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I have not been able to update On Demand since I began this thread, every two days having to delete a filed called OD-tempData7-OnDemand in order for On Demand to work. No combination of plugging in, resetting, hotsyncing, deleting, patience to try again and again, etc. worked for me. Today I finally hacked past this and am posting one fix in case anyone else has a similar problem.

The exact error message I was getting was:
    [X] Sorry, there was a problem performing the update.
    Please try again later. (0x1610)

Sometimes the number would change. Opening up the OD-TempData7-OnDemand showed a URL sandwitched in between some code leading to the necessary file for performing the update:

http://www.handmark.com/downloads/on...nd_upgrade.prc

I downloaded this file into my laptop (Blazer will not do it) and Hotsynced. The file was in Resco Explorer Applications (not RAM, took me a while to find it) in a folder called "On Demand Update." Clicking on the file FINALLY updated my On Demand to 1.1.1541. Seems simple now.

Hope this ultimately solves it and helps someone avoid the problems I have had with this update...
    Because of this post I was able to fix my On Demand it had lost sports for some strange reason. It went on to loose a couple of other sections.

I downloaded that .prc and voila it fixed it. It went ahead and updated to the newest version as well. Im so happy to have found this thread and espcially this post.

In the mean time I installed Pocket Express and Im glad to be able delete that cause I hate carrying software I dont need.

Thanks.

See my SOS call for help thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146828

Im so happy to NOT have had to do a hard reset. PHEW!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12