1.    #1  
    I use my Treo 650 to run my business. I have a small martial arts school and I put all my students under my contacts in one group (school group).

I also sell some gear. Not a lot of it but it needs to be tracked. I used to do it by hand but then I got the 650 for that reason exactly.

I'm not asking for much. Just a good Point of Sale (POS) software that will do the following:

- Use my contacts as the clients data base.
    - Have an item list with quantity on hand option (simple inventory. If I sell an item take one off the quantity).
    - Will produce nice receipts that I can email the client through VersaMail.
    - Back the info up to my PC. Preferably in Excel format that I can turn to my CPA at the end of the year.
    - A big plus will be the ability to process credit cards straight off the Treo. At the moment I do this off the PC we have at the gym using Authorize.net service. Just key in the CC numbers and it get processed by them. My other option is doing it through Blazer but navigating through the menus is slow.

The closest piece of software I have found that will do most of those things is TakeAnOrder by Steven's Creek Software but it can't manage an inventory, doesn't produce nice receipts, doesn't transfer to Excel and is quite buggy.

Can anyone suggest something else? I've looked everywhere. Even thought of moving to WM5 and got a T-mobile MDA for that (after playing with it for a few days I don't think I will go the WM5 way).

Maybe someone is interested in writing something like that?
    Why not just use the PC there? I'd rather have a desktop/laptop to run a business rather than a Treo 650. You lose it, and you're up a creek. You said you want to back it up to a computer, why not just input it from the beginning?
  3.    #3  
    Because it's not my PC. I sub-lease at the gym. Also, I can use my Treo anywhere. Not just at the gym.
    There is a thread in this forum re: learning to program for PalmOS. Lock yourself in your computer room for a week and program it yourself. Then sell it to other ppl that want to do the same thing (like me).
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    CASL is a great language--easy to pick up and easy to use. I had simple apps up and running in a couple hours.
    You can pick up a decent, used laptop for a couple of hundred bucks. That's a far better tool for what you want than a Treo. You wouldn't try to strap a pair of sparring chops to your feet instead of kicks, would you? Don't try to make your Treo do something it's not really good at.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I don't agree with that at all. If he programs it himself, it will do exactly what he wants.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.