1.    #1  
    I found this on Howard Forums by a guy named ejanis. He has a 8125 but I created a similiar profile. It loads quicker and I get less buffer on pocket tunes @128k and none at 96 0r 64k.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=989354
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I checked on my Treo 650 and there is no setting for Proxy under MediaNet network preferences. Did you just change the DNS address or is there another way to disable proxy?
  3.    #3  
    I have IP address checked automatic and just changed the DNS address. Maybe it is just the network but I have never been able to run 128k on pocket tunes without it buffering.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Link doesnt work, whats this all about?
    Link worked fine for me.
    Just call me Berd.
    Just in case:

Guide To Speed Up Your 8125 Edge Connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it seems alot of people have been having slow media net speeds on their 8125 over the edge network. This is what I found to be good settings after reading over forums for awnsers. I made a guide because it took time to find all the information and it will help alot to speed up your connection.

First:
    Disable the cingular proxy (This will also disable the media net screen when you go to the internet. If you like this screen I suggest you dont do this)
    1. Settings - Connections - Click Connections Icon
    2. Advanced Tab - Click select networks
    3. First drop down box should be selected as Media Net
    4. Select Edit under the drop down box
    5. Click Proxy settings Tab
    6. Uncheck secound box " This network uses a proxy"
    7. Then click OK

Secound:
    Set DNS server (DNS in a nut shell takes a web server from having a ip address to having a domain name such as google.com)
    1. Settings - Connections - Click Connection Icon
    2. Advanced Tab - Click select networks
    3. First drop down box should be selected as Media Net
    4. Select Edit under the drop down box
    5. You will see Cingular GPRS on the first screen. Click on it and go to edit button.
    6. Click next and then next again
    7. You will see a page that has username and password their click on advanced.
    8. Click servers tab
    9. Click "Use specific server address" which will ungray all the colums below it.
    10. The first two colums you will see DNS and Alt DNS allowed by 0.0.0.0. Enter in the numbers below were these 0 are. Do not edit any other colums except these two DNS and Alt DNS.
    DNS: 208.67.222.222
    Alt DNS: 208.67.220.220
    11. Click OK at the top
    12. Click finished at the bottum
    Now you are done. Go to the internet and go to www.google.com. You should notice a decrease in time it takes to reach it.

I beleive the problem cingular is having with the speed on the edge network is their DNS servers. I think either A. They are overloaded with to many request B. Cingular has low DNS servers

Please if you have any qestions, comments, or if I left something out send me a pm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by ejanis : 08-27-2006 at 22:12.
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #7  
    Thans for reposting that for other's to see.

George Orwell.
    holy cow. everyone...do this! You won't regret it.
    hmm...speed still varies.
    I didnt notice a change, but thanks for posting that up....

Ill check again later...
    Using Fast Blazer:
    67k New setup
    61k Old set

Using Webpro
    48 k new
    53k old

This was on dslreports/mspeed with 600k

On a rant ... what the hell happened to EDGE? I live in los angeles and when I first got my phone over a year ago I was blown away getting 180K downloads. Now Id be pressed to hit 100k, I have had to take my streaming down to 96K just to play with no skips. Total BS
    Last edited by MedicWill; 08/31/2006 at 12:34 AM.
    Just found these GPRS settings at Hofo:
    Access point name: isp.cingular
    Username: WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM (case sensitive)
    Password: ZXY203DC9K0402 (case sensitive)
    Here in Or City, I was tapping out at 110 max. Now I'm hitting as high as 153.
    :-/ hmm...
    Just call me Berd.
    isp.cingular? That means we have to have the pda connect from cingular to use this?

I keep getting cancelled message probably becaues i only have medianet?

THanks
    That could be.
    I do have Pda Connect.

When I first set it up, I had missed the Access point name: isp.cingular
    and had left it at wap.cingular

You might try that.

I have no idea why or what is with these settings.
    It's funny how different settings can make big changes like these.
    Just call me Berd.