1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I can't believe it!!!! I hope to order my new Treo 700p on Sept. 1...been waiting a long time for this! I've been reading the discussions on this forum since about a year ago and thought they were just great!

I don't intend to get a data plan and just use the phone for scheduling, phone and pictures. With my very old phone now, I have a car charger with a built in speaker so I can talk hands free while driving if needed.

I would like to get another one like that for the treo 700p as I really liked the ability to talk hands free and charge in the car. Is there anything like that out there?

I would also like to get a memory card. Can you recommend one? I have a Sandisk 2gb Extreme III CompactFlash now for my camera...are they the same cards for the Treo 700p?

Also, what accessories do I need/would want to buy for the Treo 700p?

I will probably go with Verizon as most people in my area seem to think that they have best service here and most people we call would be free as they have Verizon. Amazon has the 700p for $245 with a new service contract but I don't know what would happen if the phone had problems so I'm not sure I should go that route. Also, I don't really want to pay for data plan. Is there a way I can do the 2yr contract with Verizon without the data part so I can save money as I wouldn't use it anyway. Right now, they have an offer of $299 with 2yr contract but the only online choices for the plan include both voice and data . Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks much.
    If you aren't going to get a data plan, then the Treo 650 will be cheaper for you. The only real advantage of the 700P is the EVDO high speed internet access.
    TRG Pro -> m515 -> Tungsten E -> Palm TX -> Treo 700P
    The cards for the 700p are not compact flash. They are SD/MMC. The largest for the 700p right now is 4 GB.

I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice not getting a data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarobap View Post
    If you aren't going to get a data plan, then the Treo 650 will be cheaper for you. The only real advantage of the 700P is the EVDO high speed internet access.
    The 650 would be cheaper, but not better as the 700p has SIGNIFICANTLY more memory and the new version of Versamail is MUCH better than the one that comes with the 650. I am outside of EVDO range most of the time - I have the same unlimited data plan that I did with my 650, and - but for the SMS hang issue - I consider the 700p to be much better than the 650.

Not getting a dataplan is extremely risky - you are MUCH better off buying an all-you-can-eat plan in month one and reviewing your usage than risking HUNDREDS of dollars in data call charges. Reveiw your usage and if you can get away with a per/MB plan, then go for it, but...my guess is that you will end up with an all you can eat plan like the rest of us.
    Hello and welcome! Don't get stuck on Verizon which is quite expensive, Sprint is usually almost as good (don't know if it is an option for you). The data plan there, normally $15, can be easily had for $10 for a new subscriber...