1.    #1  
    When I sync my Sprint 700p, it seems like the files that really slow down the process are files that I don't care about. It seems like (I could be mistaken) it's backing up the files that it downloads for OnDemand, it also seems to be backing up lots of MMCache(x) files (are these mail files? was VersaMail once MultiMail?) which I don't think I care about either.

And yet, it doesn't seem to be able to back up my voice memos

My minor rant for the day...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I believe there are third-party apps that have this ability. The DT sync for Backup Buddy used to have some controls over this.Your voice memos may (should) be on the SD card, get a reader and back it up. I don't know about Versamail, but many apps with big DBs like quicknews, avantgo, snappermail, etc. have a setting in the prefs to "store DBs on SD" and/or "backup DB's?" to give you some control over your syncs. I think they basically unset the Archive bit.

What I'd like to see is USB2 connectivity - heck, it's 2006 Palm!! I remember when Palm (finally) went from DB9 serial to USB 1.1 syncing - made a big difference. Now that devices are shipping with memory in the hundreds of MB they should not be sitting on the next logical progression to USB2. Heck - include Host, too!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3.    #3  
    I don't mind about the voice memos since I don't use it, I just think it's ridiculous that it doesn't back them up when palm has a conduit for it.

I'll check into the backup program, thanks!

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Notsync by ultrasoft
    You can do it, it's hidden deep deep deep in the menu. I tried many times and finally stop Hotsync from copying the image files over to desktop. If you go to hot sync in windows, there is a list of sync app you can deselect, and have to check "always use the setting" or something otherwise it will go back to hotsyncing again the 2nd time you run hotsync.
    On your desktop icon, click on Custom. Click on something you don't want (like Versamail) and click change. Then click do nothing and click default (so it stays that way).
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    in connections, under conduits,you can check or uncheck what apps will get backed up...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    in connections, under conduits,you can check or uncheck what apps will get backed up...
    huh?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Open the hotsync app on your Palm, hit menu, click Conduit Setup, uncheck stuff you don't want to sync.
    ok got it - thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I thought the question was regarding items within a cuinduit. If backup is selected to sync, it will backup everything. If one wishes to keep "On Demand, Cache, etc.", it can't be done from the Palm Desktop correct? I too wish I could do that. I have not look at 3rd party stuff yet.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    If you want things to not be backed up, get Filez. You can then tell a file not to backup from the details dialog.