Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what is the best mapping software for the Treo 600? I would like to eventually try GPS, but for now I would just like some good mapping software so I can do maps and directions on my Treo.
  2. #2  
    Not sure if it works on the 600, but EarthComber is excellent, has great maps, over the air download of new maps and data (points of interest), free movie guide, and it's all free.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Not sure if it works on the 600, but EarthComber is excellent, has great maps, over the air download of new maps and data (points of interest), free movie guide, and it's all free.
    Does EarthComber display the map on the entire screen or is it a mini like most?

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the tips it like I thought. I have Earth comber. I like pocket Express too. I wont mind paying the 6.99 because I use my Treo more for the PDA than the phone. I read alot of reviews on Delorme mapping software for treo and they were not all that great. I also read the reviews on Rand Mcnally the they were worse than Delorme. So for true direction and mapping I'd be better of saving up for a navigation system like magellin, Earthmate or tom tom. Thanks again.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Does EarthComber display the map on the entire screen or is it a mini like most?

    TIA
    Besides a few controls on the screen, it takes up the whole display. Try it out and see.
  6. #6  
    Highly recommend the TomTom software that came with the GPS kit, you may be able to get the map software by itself, not sure.

    Very snappy, it's like google maps but faster.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Besides a few controls on the screen, it takes up the whole display. Try it out and see.
    Tks for the info.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

Posting Permissions