Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Many times I am on a call. On voice mail or live I get a new phone number I will have to call later. How can I best type it in so that it does not interfere with the call I am already on? For later retrieval for dialing.
    This may be oversimplistic but you could always hit your home key and enter the number in contacts. Or you could enter the number into a memo and paste it into the phone app later on. Diddlebug is also an easy way to jot down quick numbers although you won't be able to dial directly.
    Riding the Tucson roads & trails
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    But I am sure there is an elegant way...so many times I'm on the phone and they are giving me a new phone number...where to type it in...I wonder if right in the phone application there is a way without the digits making noises...
    Last edited by mgauss; 08/26/2006 at 11:29 PM.
    I use "snap" for jotting down phone numbers and other information while on calls. It works great.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I usually put people on speaker phone and then just write it down in the calendar. Then I copy it if I need to.
    CallRec
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle View Post
    CallRec
    That *will* get the job done!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    CallRec works well and so does the Memo pad.

I have Memos assigned to a hard button for easy access when on calls. Works great!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    CallRec
    Same here
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I sometimes ask people to SMS me their number. That way I can dial it or add as contact right out of text message...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    - hit the Option and Shift key and you will get the "Find" function
    - when you're done typing, hit OK, Stop, Cancel.

you will have the phone number next time you go to the find function, and better yet, it will already be selected, so you can just hit copy, then paste into the phone app (or anywhere else for that matter).

I've done this since my 180g.
    Good one Pabo. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo View Post
    - hit the Option and Shift key and you will get the "Find" function
    - when you're done typing, hit OK, Stop, Cancel.

you will have the phone number next time you go to the find function, and better yet, it will already be selected, so you can just hit copy, then paste into the phone app (or anywhere else for that matter).

I've done this since my 180g.
    How the heck are we supposed to remember all these great shortcuts? Really pabo, great idea.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    How the heck are we supposed to remember all these great shortcuts? Really pabo, great idea.
    thanks

doesn't happen often, bute every once in a while I strike gold.
    Yea, thanks. I have that thread bookmarked for a long time now. I just mean, who can remember all those? If I don't use them a lot I forget about them. I need a cheat sheet.