1.    #1  
    Thanks for any clarification on this, there are no threads with in the 700p forum with "sim" in the title so I'm guessing there is no card and I can't find any way to access one... can someone confirm is there's a sim card in this model or not? If there is, how to access it? TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    Thanks for any clarification on this, there are no threads with in the 700p forum with "sim" in the title so I'm guessing there is no card and I can't find any way to access one... can someone confirm is there's a sim card in this model or not? If there is, how to access it? TIA.
    There is no sim card.

Sims are for GSM technology and the Sprint/Verizon networks are CDMA.

whole different ball of wax..Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    It does, thanks. I was asking folks for a software app that can permanently disable the radio on my 700p and numerous folks commented to just take out the SIM card. So, I tried... and couldn't find it Knowing that it doesn't exists is most useful information!!!
    Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but is there any FUNDAMENTAL reason why GSM phones always (I think) use sim cards and CDMA phones NEVER do? As I understand it, CDMA and GSM are just different ways of allowing multiple clients to access the same 2-way communication network simultaneously without stepping all over each other (which seems like a miracle in itself). Is it really a technological difference, or just different business models?