1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten the Eudora Browser to work on the 700p, without problems, along with the conduit?
    the eudora browser works on the 700 as far as text, but useless when trying to access secure-based site that require username/password.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    the eudora browser works on the 700 as far as text, but useless when trying to access secure-based site that require username/password.
    Thanks Ljj8503! As long as it doesn't crash the 700p or worse, I'm a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Thanks Ljj8503! As long as it doesn't crash the 700p or worse, I'm a happy camper.
    No it doesn't crash the P. My friend has been using it and he keeps intouch with me on what is working and what is not...especially if I haven't tried it yet.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    No it doesn't crash the P. My friend has been using it and he keeps intouch with me on what is working and what is not...especially if I haven't tried it yet.
    Thanks KStewart! Seems to be working, but there seem to be some problems entering text into search fields: "Direct access to field no text allowed." Looks serious, can't search. No problems running the actual program though.

P.S.
    I uninstalled BrightCam the other day as it kept disableing itself and popping up a message something to the effect of:

"BrightCam has detected a reset loop; if you feel that BrightCam is not at fault, enable it here [Enable]."

After seeing that three times, I decided to shelve it temporarily and installed Keyshades (free) which allows for manual tuning of the screen brightness, and semi-permanent off mode for the keyboard backlight (with an option to press the side button and turn the keyboard on at any time). It's not as fancy or flexible but it's working unobtrusively. It only appears as one file "Keyshades.somethingorother" in Ram and nowhere else.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/26/2006 at 08:25 PM.
  6.    #6  
    It's too bad that no one has fixed the "Direct access to field->text no allowd" problem with the Eudora Browser (not that anyone seems to have touched Eudora in years), but it's still good for some news sites. It is severely crippled for searching anything though. I've investigated and there are several of the same old posts on the problem, but no one seems to have found a solution or cracked it. Eudora is blindingly fast on EVDO and still eminently usable. Who has the power?

Incredible and unfortunate for us that no one seems to be able to tweak this...
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/27/2006 at 05:53 PM.