1.    #1  
    My company just decided to turn off text messaging to reduce costs. Is there any Palm-based application for sending and receiving texts via the web, rather than through my wireless provider's SMS setup? Any other viable work-arounds come to mind?
    You can email text messages. If it is Verizon, your address is number@vtext.com. Most other carriers have address for texts.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    For Sprint, it's: number@messaging.sprintpcs.com
  4.    #4  
    That's the solution I'm using for now--sending emails using SnapperMail via my GMail account. But so far, this seems intermittently unreliable. A number of people aren't receiving messages. Is there any more reliable method? Or am I going to have to buy some other phone/plan in order to get something which works consistently?
    I think that treobits has a sms bot that you can use to send messages. don't know about receiving.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I would suggest trying sms textmessinger you can find it here: http://i500.nopdesign.com/apps.esiml
    it was designed for the samsung i500 but it works great on the 650, the only problem I had with the program is that each and every time you move to another app. it disconnects from the internet.
    Terry
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, TMair. I looked over the Text Messenger 2.1.0 application. It looks to be a one-way client--I'm hoping for something that's 2-way. The more I look into this, the more likely it seems that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get another phone just for texting. Sigh.
    Last edited by mathlete222; 08/28/2006 at 03:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    YEs I think it is, do they charge you for incoming text?
    Terry
    Why not use the free Toccer program and connect to AIM?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    What if the other person is not an AIM client?
    Terry
    Maybe u can just pay for the txt addon for your corporate phone?
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.