1.    #1  
    I am using both a 650 and a 700p. I use one or the other depending on location. I use one for a period of time, and then the other (700p domestically, 650 when traveling outside the US). Ideally, I'd like to sync each to the same Palm Desktop database, but that doesn't seem possible. When I've switched Treos, I've had to update or revert the Palm desktop software. This may be the only way, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy View Post
    I am using both a 650 and a 700p. I use one or the other depending on location. I use one for a period of time, and then the other (700p domestically, 650 when traveling outside the US). Ideally, I'd like to sync each to the same Palm Desktop database, but that doesn't seem possible. When I've switched Treos, I've had to update or revert the Palm desktop software. This may be the only way, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.
    I've yet to see any attempt at using multiple Treo's on the same PC turn out well...if you DO find a way, be sure to let me know
    No Treo here, just a Treo/Blackberry Tech
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Are you wanting to use the same Hot Sync Id? If so, I know it can't be done unless you chose to pick your user name every time you sync. (possible data loss)

I use a different hot sync id and just copy and paste from one use id to the other when something changes. PIA, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Are you wanting to use the same Hot Sync Id? If so, I know it can't be done unless you chose to pick your user name every time you sync. (possible data loss)

I use a different hot sync id and just copy and paste from one use id to the other when something changes. PIA, but it works.
    I have a 700P and an E2. They have different names. I wrote a batch file that copys the E2's tasks and datebook from one ID to the other then set HOTSYNC to overwrite handheld from desktop. I just have to make sure that any tasks or meetings that are written to the TREO get bluetoothed to the other PDA

It is a bit drawn out, but SYNCUS hasn't really performed for me, and I have yet to find another program that works (I don't use OUTLOOK at all)

b.b.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy View Post
    Since your need appears to be sporadic, maybe this admittedly kludgy proceedure might work satisfactorily: Merely sync wih whatever you want to move from (say the 650). Hard reset what you want to resume using (say the 700p). Sync the 700--you'll be asked to provide a user name; select your ordinary user name. Wallah. Computer puts all onto your 700 thinking you just did an upgrade. To move back to the 650, just repeat the above.

I've found the latest Palm Desktop Software works well with multiple Treos (a 700, 650, and a 600) all operating under separate user names (and, hence separate databases), but I've exchanged Treos between those users rather easily using the described proceedure.
    Last edited by TreoMountain; 08/26/2006 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Regarding the Palm Desktop Software
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMountain View Post
    Since your need appears to be sporadic, maybe this admittedly kludgy proceedure might work satisfactorily: Merely sync wih whatever you want to move from (say the 650). Hard reset what you want to resume using (say the 700p). Sync the 700--you'll be asked to provide a user name; select your ordinary user name. Wallah. Computer puts all onto your 700 thinking you just did an upgrade. To move back to the 650, just repeat the above.

I've found the latest Palm Desktop Software works well with multiple Treos (a 700, 650, and a 600) all operating under separate user names (and, hence separate databases), but I've exchanged Treos between those users rather easily using the described proceedure.
    Yesm, that would work for me pretty well. I knew that the 650 Palm desktop software does not work with the 700p but I was unaware that the 700p software works with a 650. (I am using the Mac sotware...)
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone