Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got the Treo 700p not too long ago, and have come across a few questions..

1. When I'm doing something on the phone, and then hit the Phone button to return to the main screen, it pauses for about 1-2 seconds before displaying "Sprint" and letting me do anything else. It never did this for the first month or so I had it, but it does it every time now. Is this a bug or does it just hang for a second while it locates the Sprint service? I can't seem to figure out why it does it.

2. I just set up the phone with my Gmail account. When I clicked "Get" for the first time, it got every read message I have in my account - 1000+. Is there a way that it will only Get the new messages in my account, or do I have to get all the old ones first, then it will only update the new ones? Also, is there a way to make it check every so often for new mail, or do you have to manually click "Get" on the mail screen to see if you have new messages? It would be cool if it popped up with the little Mail icon on the Phone screen when you got a new message, but I'm guessing you can't get it to do that?

3. Is there any way to take a picture of a business card and have it log the contact information? I've seen this feature on phones before, but I don't know if the Treo does anything similar to this.

If anyone can help me out with these three things I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    jperlin, regarding question 1.
    I experienced this same thing when I installed versamail. it seems to be a delay in the software. I just live with it.

regarding question #2, I presume you are using versamail. you will need to adjust your settings in gmail to only download messages from today. the feature can be found in gmail settings under forwarding/pop access.

you will also need to go into the options screen of versamail (EMail) and change your settings there. one of the things I have noticed with using Email and accessing a gmail account is that the connection does not always complete so that you will actually have email, but it is not downloaded to your Treo.

As far a #3 goes, I have heard of programs using the camera feature"to scan" the card, but I have no experience or knowledge of them. Good Luck.
    Cigar
    Quote Originally Posted by jperlin View Post
    I got the Treo 700p not too long ago, and have come across a few questions..

1. When I'm doing something on the phone, and then hit the Phone button to return to the main screen, it pauses for about 1-2 seconds before displaying "Sprint" and letting me do anything else. It never did this for the first month or so I had it, but it does it every time now. Is this a bug or does it just hang for a second while it locates the Sprint service? I can't seem to figure out why it does it.
    I can confirm this first hand that it has to do with Versamail being set up on the Treo 700P to receive mail. The only cure as of new is to hard reset the Treo and NOT open up Versamil and configure it. Check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118429

Of course you're only other option without Versamail is to use a 3rd party email client such as Chatteremail (recommended).

2. I just set up the phone with my Gmail account. When I clicked "Get" for the first time, it got every read message I have in my account - 1000+. Is there a way that it will only Get the new messages in my account, or do I have to get all the old ones first, then it will only update the new ones? Also, is there a way to make it check every so often for new mail, or do you have to manually click "Get" on the mail screen to see if you have new messages? It would be cool if it popped up with the little Mail icon on the Phone screen when you got a new message, but I'm guessing you can't get it to do that?
    If you're using Versamail, go in to the preferences for your Gmail account and all of the options you're looking for are there.

3. Is there any way to take a picture of a business card and have it log the contact information? I've seen this feature on phones before, but I don't know if the Treo does anything similar to this.
    The only way I know to do this is to get business card scanner hooked up to your PC which loads the contact info to Palm Desktop, then a sync puts them on your Treo.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there an option in Versamail to automatically check for new mail? I didn't see it anywhere.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jperlin View Post
    You may want to take a look at ScanR. I use their 'whiteboard' capturing feature and it works great. They have the business card scanning feature but it requires 2+ megapixel which our Treo's cannot support. But do give it a try and see if it works for you!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607