1.    #1  
    I have just gotten interested in security on my 700p. I lost my m505 for a brief period in time which got me thinking. I use NVBackup for my backups. I briefly looked at Butler for wiping the memory of my 700p with a text message. Then I thought what good is this if my backups are all on the SD card. It seems you really need to wipe both memory and the SD card. I followed this thread and will plan to try the following:

Corsoft Warden
    Mobilock
    MSafe
    Securex
    Teallock
    Butler

I have tried Butler and did not find it as useful as everyone else. It seemed to have many problems I blamed on Butler, but was probably user error. Unfortunately, I do not remember what problems I had and will have to retry. At the time, I was also new to the 700p.

Warden is my first choice from reading thread above.

Any input would be appreciated.

Referenced thread.
    Last edited by todivefor; 08/27/2006 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Link did not work
    You can encrypt your backups with a password in NVBackup.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    You can encrypt your backups with a password in NVBackup.
    That's right. I forgot about that. Thanks.

Any comments on the referenced security apps?
    I use MSafe and am happy with it.

I recommended it to a friend and it saved her tons of trouble after she lost her 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson View Post
    I use MSafe and am happy with it.

I recommended it to a friend and it saved her tons of trouble after she lost her 650.
    Which Treo do you use MSafe on? It doesn't work on my 700p.
    MSafe on the 650 and its beta on the 700p. The beta is not ready to be released yet. I also have TealLock - they all work well. Ben