Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Has anyone used any of the Treo emergency battery chargers that use either AA or 9v batteries--such as the one made by Gomadic? Do they actually work? Opinions please. Thanks.
    I use a basic USB battery adapter. I just plug a sync/charge cable into the USB port on the thing it works like a charm.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I bought the 9v charger from Seidio back in June before my motorcyle trip to Laconia. All it did was drain my 700w no matter how I wiggled the connection. It was 4 days without a phone on a long road trip. The 9v charger was waste of my money. (As a result, I have now custom wired a charging plug in the saddelbag on my Harley so I can use a regular 12v charging cord). Sorry I didn't have a better experience to relay to you.
    I have the Seidio 9v emergency charger and have used it successfully several times while traveling. I have found that you have to use a new, never used 9v battery, but it does work.
    search on ebay for an alkaline charger. 4AAs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Has anyone used any of the Treo emergency battery chargers that use either AA or 9v batteries--such as the one made by Gomadic? Do they actually work? Opinions please. Thanks.
    I used one for my Treo 600 from Tech Center Labs. Great on the plane and when traveling. Uses 4 AA's. (Have 2 for sale if anyone is interested - Treo 600 only)

Decided on the Gomadic (4 AA's) for my Treo 650 because they have exchangeable charging tips. Ordeded extra tips for my wife and daughter's cell phone and my daughter's Zire 72. Will order the Nintendo DS Lite tip for my son when they come out with one.