1.    #1  
    I just started getting this message on my phone along with a "No Service" message on the screen and a no service sound. I've never left my home area. Anyone know why I may be getting this message?

I did a search but couldn't find any useful information on this problem.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Try a soft reset to start with. If that doesn't work, take it back and exchange it for a new one.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Try a soft reset to start with. If that doesn't work, take it back and exchange it for a new one.
    Thanks dwman, I found out what the problem was after three calls and a lot of waiting on the line for tech support. A bad storm rolled through Atlanta and Alabama and apparently took out a bunch of towers.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan Al View Post
    Thanks dwman, I found out what the problem was after three calls and a lot of waiting on the line for tech support. A bad storm rolled through Atlanta and Alabama and apparently took out a bunch of towers.
    It's so funny you mentioned this problem. I live in the Atlanta area and I am having the same exact problem with the "No Service" message.

As I stated in a previous post, I purchased a metal case for my Treo recently and upon inserting the device into the metal casing I received the "No Service" message. I am so hoping that it is not my metal case but the problem with the phone service towers.

I am so happy you sent this message as I was about to return my new metal case. I am going to wait now and see what happens.

Thanks for the post
    Last edited by mp3junkie; 08/24/2006 at 09:44 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3junkie View Post
    It's so funny you mentioned this problem. I live in the Atlanta area and I am having the same exact problem with the "No Service" message.

As I stated in a previous post, I purchased a metal case for my Treo recently and upon inserting the device into the metal casing I received the "No Service" message. I am so hoping the it is not my metal case but the problem with the phone service towers.

I am so happy you sent this message as I was about to return my new metal case. I am going to wait now and see what happens.

Thanks for the post
    mp3junkie, the guy said they were having a lot of technical 'tower' problems in our areas so I'd hold off on returning the case.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, I am definately going to wait before I make a decision to return the case.

Thanks again Mulligan Al.
    Very simple mp3junkie. take it out of the case. How many bars? Put it back in the cae less bars? its the case. Same bars its not.