1.    #1  
    Title says it. Anyone using TreoAreaCodes (www.ranosoft.com) on a 700p, especially Verizon? Sounds like the Sprint 700p may have some of this functionality built-in but as far as I can see the Verizon one doesn't. I've had some calls that this functionality would have been very useful on, but I'm worried about sacrificing stability.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am a paid, registered user of TreoAreaCodes. I am using v1.2 on a Sprint 700P. I keep the program and all of its databases in RAM.

The program works flawlessly. Incoming and outgoing calls show the State and Area Code of the caller unless you have assigned them a picture in your address book.

Great stuff and absolutely no issues with the program on my end.

I use Crash Pro and my log is set to log the last 200 crashes. The log is not full, but of the crashes it has logged, TreoAreaCodes is not listed....BTW, most of the crashes are RBackup and Blazer....

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    There's a demo of TreoAreaCodes so you can try before you buy. Just like Matty, I used it on a Sprint 700p and had no problems at all. It's a great app.

I saw another forum somewhere that mentioned people were having technical problems with the store that sells it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid View Post
    I am a paid, registered user of TreoAreaCodes. I am using v1.2 on a Sprint 700P. I keep the program and all of its databases in RAM.
    Having to store TAC in RAM is the reason I stopped using it since the databases are so large (relatively speaking).
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm going to give a try. Database size isn't an issue for me since I've got plenty of room and the databases don't seem to be that big. My biggest concern is stability.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680